Movies Rate Jaws (1975)

How good it is?

• Total voters
9/10 classic, im guessing to the people at that time it was legit horror. Its not aged well as horror, more a classic adventure and character movie . Dreyfus kills as in most of what he does. Then the guy who plays the rogue captain has the best lines. "You go in cage , cage go in the water, shark in the water...our shark. Humms a ditty" guy is all entertainment. Very little drawback its a classic for a reason.

10/10 no question. I enjoyed the sequels too. Take from that what you will

Most def a 10. Amazing movie.

It's still a good read but I think it's one of the best examples of cutting out the right stuff for the screenplay.

i agree 100%, I also love the changes to hoopers character for the movie. In the book hes a real asshole but in the movies he's probably one of the most beloved characters.

A masterpiece. There is literally nothing wrong with it. My personal favorite thats tied with Aliens.

I sometimes watch the very ending on youtube just to get excited.

i agree 100%, I also love the changes to hoopers character for the movie. In the book hes a real asshole but in the movies he's probably one of the most beloved characters.

Jaws and Misery were master classes in streamlining books into movies and separating the wheat from the chaff.

One of my all time favourite films, it can't really be touched for a reboot.

It’ll never get old. The true definition of a timeless classic. I can never just go past it and not check it out for 20 minutes or so then more often than not I just wind up watching the whole thing again

Cucks Brody in the book.

Lol , I thought I would be a lone voice in giving it 10/10 , love how many gave it full marks...

Good timing:

https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/...lic-safety-officials-urge-caution/7770126002/

"TRURO — Great white sharks made themselves known over the weekend and public safety officials are urging caution as people hit the beaches in the first official week of summer.

Sightings of great whites off beaches in Truro resulted in lifeguards closing those areas to swimming at both town beaches and the National Seashore. The town beach at Head of the Meadow was closed to swimming from 10:30 to 11:30 Saturday morning and again for an hour at 11:20 a.m. Sunday. Truro's Coast Guard Beach was also closed for an hour at 11:20 a.m. on Sunday.

Cape Cod National Seashore lifeguards closed its Head of the Meadow Beach to swimming on Sunday at 11:15 a.m. Sharks were either seen by lifeguards or spotter planes, said Megan Winton, a scientist with the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy. A real-time receiver off Chatham also detected two sharks over the weekend, she said."

Jaws was filmed in Cape Cod.

Back