Movies Rate Jaws (1975)

How good it is?

• Total voters
Cucks Brody in the book.

Lol , I thought I would be a lone voice in giving it 10/10 , love how many gave it full marks...

Roy Scheider getting cucked by Richard Dreyfuss... I don't think so.

That goes double for Pimp Scheider.

out of curiosity, what would you consider a 10?

Movies I rated a 10.

The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather
12 Angry Men
Forrest Gump
The Empire Strikes Back
The Matrix
Se7en
The Silence of the Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Interstellar
Back to the Future
Gladiator
Alien
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Great Dictator
Aliens
Braveheart
Amadeus
Good Will Hunting
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Die Hard
Downfall
Unforgiven
The Elephant Man
The Thing
Blade Runner
Haichi: A Dog's Tale

Movies I rated a 10.

The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather
12 Angry Men
Forrest Gump
The Empire Strikes Back
The Matrix
Se7en
The Silence of the Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Interstellar
Back to the Future
Gladiator
Alien
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Great Dictator
Aliens
Braveheart
Amadeus
Good Will Hunting
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Die Hard
Downfall
Unforgiven
The Elephant Man
The Thing
Blade Runner
Haichi: A Dog's Tale

There are indeed some 10s in there. Nice seeing Downfall get some appreciation. People usually have only seen the subtitles memes.

It's still a good read but I think it's one of the best examples of cutting out the right stuff for the screenplay.
I think the brody wife affair was unnecessary and quints death, while less poetic, was excellent. Hooper should have died exactly as written but I guess since the mechanical sharks all sank it is what it is.

Saw this movie at 41 Twin drive in outside Milwaukee as a kid with my parents and siblings. The second feature was "Roller Coaster."

It's jaws.

Jaws is the Jaws of movies.

I still get flashbacks when I think of it, actually we have the recut version still to watch one day

I think we need to drink more and get higher for that, it's the only way we will fully understand it.

GOAT level. Quint's Indianapolis monologue alone is better than a lot of movies I could name.

You know the thing about a shark, he got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ye, doesn't appear to be livin'. 'till he bites ye. And then those black eyes roll over white and then(sighs)ah then you hear that terrible, high-pitched screamin'. And the ocean turns red, and in spite of all the hollerin' and poundin' they all come in and rip you to pieces...

Bonus point for Robert Shaw actually being drunk when he shot that scene. Legend:cool:

Last edited:
There are indeed some 10s in there. Nice seeing Downfall get some appreciation. People usually have only seen the subtitles memes.

It's a matter of personal preference, something subjective i think.

I have like 10 films rated a 10, and hundred rated a 9 at the moment,

It's a matter of personal preference, something subjective i think.

I have like 10 films rated a 10, and hundred rated a 9 at the moment,

No, if I say it's a ten then it's empirically true. Anyone who disagrees is wrong and a science denialist.

Because after seeing it at the theater when I was a kid, I was scared to swim in our pool or sit on the toilet. Scared me that bad.

Jaws literally has 90% of the western world scared to swim in anything but a pool. How could this not be a 10

Back