News Shots fired from Dustin Poirier. He responds to Conor's tweets and gives overall thoughts

Conor is lame as hell........we've seen too many "Conor is a panic wrestler" threads for him to be talking about first guy to shoot is a bitch

Nah Conor is still the superior boxer but Dustin sure isn’t no slouch.
Conor's style doesn't fit in the boxing ring imo. Poirier's guard and parrys would serve him well in boxing, with bigger gloves and all. He's more of a "boxer", like Moreno, max, even masvidal. Conor is a great mma puncher

"I put you on air plane mode in front of the world. What can he say?"

"Isn't he the one who's always preaching about martial arts, the flow, the no holds barred stuff? How about this, the first one who get's taken down is the bitch. This is MMA. Put it all together. He reeks of insecurity"

giphy.gif

Holy shit, Conman brought a shalaylee to a gunfight.

"I put you on air plane mode in front of the world. What can he say?"

"Isn't he the one who's always preaching about martial arts, the flow, the no holds barred stuff? How about this, the first one who get's taken down is the bitch. This is MMA. Put it all together. He reeks of insecurity"

giphy.gif

Holy shit, Conman brought a shalaylee to a gunfight.
A d6 +wisdom modifier. Not too shabby.

I’m not sure Conor would win a boxing match, honestly. Dustin is a good striker. He can take a shot and seemingly hits pretty hard.
i agree. I think Dustin has a good shot at winning a boxing bout. Similar to MMA, if Dustin can keep it going to the later rounds he can win.

Conor's style doesn't fit in the boxing ring imo. Poirier's guard and parrys would serve him well in boxing, with bigger gloves and all. He's more of a "boxer", like Moreno, max, even masvidal. Conor is a great mma puncher
That’s false, Conor is one of the best boxers we’ve ever seen in mma, he started as a amateur boxer. He has the fundamentals and technique down, his head movement and counters are there as well. We seen Conor do ok against the GOAT of boxing, you can say Floyd went easy or whatever, he caught Floyd several times and looked great early.

Dustin would also do well in boxing.

Nice one. Dustin has plenty of ammo, lol. Conor made himself look and sound like a fool lots of times over the last few years, and he can't even back his behavior up with wins anymore.

Guys like Sonnen or Bisping would've had a field day with him during a presser; shit would've been glorious.
Imagine if Cruz had a presser with Conor. He would permanently damage is ego with some bitter truths Conor wasn’t ready to confront .

Look, it's a compelling rematch, I'm not mad at it. Do I think Conor deserves all the attention he gets? No, I don't.

I think it's foolish to write him off in this rubber match though. Don't all jump back on his nuts if he manages to sleep Dustin...which I give him a 20-30% chance of doing.
He's an immature twat, but he can fight.
Honestly, I wish the fight was this weekend, there's fuck all on.

Good luck explaining that to joined Sunday alt account to Jackoff to how superior conor is until he's beaten again then deleted forever guy.

This sport needs Conor to win.

Not at all. The UFC might prefer he wins since he is their biggest star but they have to know the fights are dwindling down to the end for Conor. After taking more Ls he will soon bow out and run off in retirement with his money. The sport will be fine going forward as at some point there will be new stars.

Dustin seems to be on point mentally. He's just talking facts while Conor is still grasping at straws.

Come on then -- try to explain in clear rational terms WHY you think the sport of MMA needs McGregor to win? The sport is bigger than any 1 fighter. Fighters come, they rise, they attain, they fade, they fall, they leave.
- It's nothing new. The sport doesn't NEED any 1 single fighter. In fact NO sport NEEDS any one single player / participant to win. At all. Nope.

So you made a false statement, probably done from some kind of emotional fanboi perspective.

Back