Crime NJ lady fined $250 a day for F Biden flag

Its not about your kids being "hurt". Its about conducting yourself in a civilized manner around other people, one of the most basic skills of society that ,as you can see reading this thread, that seems to be totally lost on people today.

We're dragging down society but at least we owned the libs! MAGA 2024!

We're dragging down society but at least we owned the libs! MAGA 2024!
Honestly have no idea what this is supposed to mean or how its a response to anything I said.

This doesn't fall into the obscene category though as defined by the miller test which has three parts:
  • Whether "the average person, applying contemporary community standards", would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest,
  • Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law,
  • Whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
The work is considered obscene only if all three conditions are satisfied.

Using the f-word towards a political figure does not satisfy the test.

Yes, I'd agree that this particular case wouldn't fit the Miller criteria for obscenity. But the post I was responding to was, was a general statement about the first amendment trumping obscenity.... which isn't true.

I think it's weird to have any kind of political flags or stickers. Extremely weird when people actually LIKE the government. Shows how retarded a lot of people are.
It's just the weirdos that have them.

I have kids. I don't understand the profanity issue. Are we seriously pretending that protecting our kids from bad words does anything? Nudity and things like that I get but bad words just never made sense to me.
You can't be ok with one and not the other. If your ok with profanity being on here house then your ok with nudity.

It could say fuck Indian people and I'd probably buy one off her cus my people is bad, but thats free speech and is protected by the constitution. she will get some money

You can't be ok with one and not the other. If your ok with profanity being on here house then your ok with nudity.

giphy.webp

The other day I was riding my bike when I stopped in front of the AMVETS Post 68. There was a white SUV parked out front with two flags flying on the back. The first one said "Don't blame me I voted for Trump" second one said "FUCK JOE BIDEN!". They also had a sticker on the side back window like this one of Cuomo peeking out and the text next to it said "Impeach Cuomo" The "FUCK JOE BIDEN!" flag is just childish if you ask me.
s-l400.jpg

Also, had some guy at work with the same Biden flag driving around the parking lot a few weeks ago blaring his horn and acting like a child as I was leaving work. Found out the Police were called because the dude wouldn't stop.

There is a limit to what you can put on a public facing sign in terms of obscenity, but does that particular phrase meet the a requirement of being just outright patently offensive or is it an act of willfully attempting to disturbing the peace? I'd say no and no.

This doesn't fall into the obscene category though as defined by the miller test which has three parts:
  • Whether "the average person, applying contemporary community standards", would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest,
  • Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law,
  • Whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
The work is considered obscene only if all three conditions are satisfied.

Using the f-word towards a political figure does not satisfy the test.
Is the Miller test the standard used in law?

Will you say that on the hailmary chance Donny Moscow is reelected or one of his stooges?

If I was her I would not take it down and not pay it. Reach out to all Right Wing networks and start a gofundme, she will get tons of $$$ from the Trump/GOP block.

I could even see them inviting her on Fox News if she is lucky it gets tied up in Courts and goes to the Supreme Court! Lol
There is still a threat on our democracy. Vote wisely the next few elections.

The other day I was riding my bike when I stopped in front of the AMVETS Post 68. There was a white SUV parked out front with two flags flying on the back. The first one said "Don't blame me I voted for Trump" second one said "FUCK JOE BIDEN!". They also had a sticker on the side back window like this one of Cuomo peeking out and the text next to it said "Impeach Cuomo" The "FUCK JOE BIDEN!" flag is just childish if you ask me.
s-l400.jpg

Also, had some guy at work with the same Biden flag driving around the parking lot a few weeks ago blaring his horn and acting like a child as I was leaving work. Found out the Police were called because the dude wouldn't stop.
The Cuomo one is funny.

This is political speech and she has a right to display her flags.

She's obviously violating some public obscenity law. Pretty sure you can't just hang any old profanity laced flag on your property. No different than if you hung a sign that read "Suck my balls, fuckheads!" on your property. You gonna get a visit from the town. Trust me...

Did they pay you a visit to take the flag down or suck your balls? Just making sure…

Did they pay you a visit to take the flag down or suck your balls? Just making sure…

Actually, they weren't even concerned with that part of the sign. The open interpretation of what a "Fuckhead" is, is what ultimately sunk me. I couldn't define it, and therefore I had to concede that it could be offensive and obscene.

Fuckin' bureaucratic warlocks. You can't win with these guys.

Back