Is Aikido really banned in MMA?

UFC isn't real fighting....it's a "sport" like boxing with ridiculous rules.

If you think what you see in the UFC are "the best fighters in the world", you are seriously uniformed.

Judo/sambo an art for men who are realist.

Aikido an art for delusional pussies
ap_16238344438010.jpg

Do you not know some basic things from Aikido and some basic MMA rules?

As easy as it is to make fun of aikido, there is a reason it is taught to prison guards...

Small joint manipulation is banned. No idea why but it it is.

Why is small joint manipulation banned?

If it wasn’t Jason Delucia would be GOAT!!

Aikido techniques are perfectly legal, they just don't hold up under the pressure of a fight in most cases.

As easy as it is to make fun of aikido, there is a reason it is taught to prison guards...
Lol where are they teaching prison guards Aikido? I've never heard this before

Yeah I tried google and got nothing.
Also my former BJJ instructor got to train /instruct correctional officers.
Yup one of my friends at my original gym is a correctional officer and strictly does bjj

mmm, most people get beat up in Judo then switch to Akido as their bodies break down. Akido is more of a philosophy of being able to defend yourself without doing undo harm to your opponent. Akido is based on small joint manipulation, so any main techniques you learn in it wouldn't translate into MMA at all, as those are illegal.
Nicely put.

images

UFC has much rules Aikido don't work with many Rules.
Aikido doesn't do the vast majority of these lol.

It revolves around throws and wristlocks which are legal. They just don't work under pressure. Akido is not not a practical martial art. It is philosophy of avoiding conflict centered around low aggression katas

Aikido doesn't do the vast majority of these lol.

It revolves around throws and wristlocks which are legal. They just don't work under pressure. Akido is not not a practical martial art. It is philosophy of avoiding conflict centered around low aggression katas

Also that was not what you asked about :)
IF Aikido worked we would see it in the UFC.

One of the reasons I am not a big fan is I once read a blog by a black belt / instructor in Aikido, he wrote he was getting fat and needed to find something to get in shape.
If you train a martial art regularly and it does not keep you from getting out of shape..
well... Thats a no from me dog.

I have trained BJJ and Kick boxing with people close to 60 and they got in shape.

Also that was not what you asked about :)
IF Aikido worked we would see it in the UFC.

One of the reasons I am not a big fan is I once read a blog by a black belt / instructor in Aikido, he wrote he was getting fat and needed to find something to get in shape.
If you train a martial art regularly and it does not keep you from getting out of shape..
well... Thats a no from me dog.

I have trained BJJ and Kick boxing with people close to 60 and they got in shape.
Big same. I train with 2 ibjjf masters world champs who are both in the highest age bracket. These 2 zombies are in better shape than half our 20 year olds lol

Big same. I train with 2 ibjjf masters world champs who are both in the highest age bracket. These 2 zombies are in better shape than half our 20 year olds lol

I am not saying training martial art X
should get you in peak condition..
BUT if you train 3 times a week and still get fat and out of shape.. Its imo sign its not really a good art.

Who hurt you? Was it some hot aikido chick?

Lol at the shaming language. I made my case as to why aikido sucks. No aikido fighter has ever made it in any levels of mma.

Lol at " hot aikido chick" as if they do any form of exercise. They just sit in seiza position and pray to the picture of the dork who found aikido.

Also there was a well known aikido YouTuber who sparred, lost and had the humility to quite aikido and train jujitsu.

Back