Is Aikido really banned in MMA?

Lol at the shaming language. I made my case as to why aikido sucks. No aikido fighter has ever made it in any levels of mma.

Lol at " hot aikido chick" as if they do any form of exercise. They just sit in seiza position and pray to the picture of the dork who found aikido.

Also there was a well known aikido YouTuber who sparred, lost and had the humility to quite aikido and train jujitsu.
Didn't Dan the Wolfman go completely unhinged on the guy because he dared claim that Aikido doesn't work or something?

Edit: I remember correctly.

Didn't Dan the Wolfman go completely unhinged on the guy because he dared claim that Aikido doesn't work or something?

Edit: I remember correctly.

Dan is broke is Roka's name gets him views. Is normal

Wow thats nuts. Everywhere I know of usually has them do bjj.

The prison guard I use to train with was a national muay thai champ.

He would kick the bad behaving inmates right in the thigh full-power and drop fools that didn't listen. He said they wouldnt even see it coming, as he is loading/winding his hips for the kick LoL

Small joint manipulation is banned, but qi focused attacks are A-OK.

True Aikido is only taught by a handful of dojos worldwide. It's so incredibly dangerous, you could kill someone in a matter of moments. It's far too dangerous to use in the streets, let alone a sanctioned fight setting.

The prison guard I use to train with was a national muay thai champ.

He would kick the bad behaving inmates right in the thigh full-power and drop fools that didn't listen. He said they wouldnt even see it coming, as he is loading/winding his hips for the kick LoL
I can only imagine their reaction to getting a muay thai leg kick from a champ for the first time lol. Not a fun experience

True Aikido is only taught by a handful of dojos worldwide. It's so incredibly dangerous, you could kill someone in a matter of moments. It's far too dangerous to use in the streets, let alone a sanctioned fight setting.
What are some of these dojos?

images

UFC has much rules Aikido don't work with many Rules.
man look at all this bullshit

mmm, most people get beat up in Judo then switch to Akido as their bodies break down. Akido is more of a philosophy of being able to defend yourself without doing undo harm to your opponent. Akido is based on small joint manipulation, so any main techniques you learn in it wouldn't translate into MMA at all, as those are illegal.
Illegal as well as unattainable to perform in the cage. Bullshido…… sorry Aikido is a useless crock of sh*t martial art

Where are these dojo’s and are they open to new students?

Aikido is fucking tops. MMA is for pussies. Dana is scared of Aikido practicioners coming into ufc and wrecking everybody and letting the world see how bullshit mma is compared to Aikido

is this a joke? lol

It's not like all an aikido guy can do is use aikido.

That's like saying all a wrestler can do is wrestle

Are we talking about fat seagal "training" UFC fighters? You can get arrested for fighting anyone in the streets using any method of fighting.

mmm, most people get beat up in Judo then switch to Akido as their bodies break down. Akido is more of a philosophy of being able to defend yourself without doing undo harm to your opponent. Akido is based on small joint manipulation, so any main techniques you learn in it wouldn't translate into MMA at all, as those are illegal.

I can't remember, maybe it was literally the book "Martial Arts for Dummies" or something close, that listed Aikido as having the most injuries as recorded by a survey of martial arts dojos and their respective insurance carriers. It wasn't necessarily about claimants, but every injury that took place, while on the premises, which I thought was interesting.

I can't remember, maybe it was literally the book "Martial Arts for Dummies" or something close, that listed Aikido as having the most injuries as recorded by a survey of martial arts dojos and their respective insurance carriers. It wasn't necessarily about claimants, but every injury that took place, while on the premises, which I thought was interesting.
you effectively have untrained people who are not in athletic shape doing poor pro wrestling choreography. that makes sense.

Aikido teaches you not to hurt your opponent by letting them kick your ass while you dance. They can't even defend against drunkards.

you effectively have untrained people who are not in athletic shape doing poor pro wrestling choreography. that makes sense.

and attacking small joints. not difficult to injure.

Back