Is there anyway to watch the old Bellator events?

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Been trying to find how to watch early Bjorn era or even 2018 Bellator events but can't find anything, except 10play but don't know if I have to be Australian or having just Australian VPN is good enough.

Honestly probably not. There were some great fights back in that era though. Bjorn had an eye for talent. That is one thing I miss about Bjorn, he was like a complete mma promoter. Not only was he a great businessman (he got Bellator a tv deal and managed to singlehandedly secure investor funds before they ever even held an event), he was a fan of great fighters no matter where you were from. He would scour the globe looking for top talent he really didn’t care about the glitz and the glamour. Plus he didn’t like wmma. My kinda guy!

Honestly probably not. There were some great fights back in that era though. Bjorn had an eye for talent. That is one thing I miss about Bjorn, he was like a complete mma promoter. Not only was he a great businessman (he got Bellator a tv deal and managed to singlehandedly secure investor funds before they ever even held an event), he was a fan of great fighters no matter where you were from. He would scour the globe looking for top talent he really didn’t care about the glitz and the glamour. Plus he didn’t like wmma. My kinda guy!
Any reason why he was replaced by Coker?

Any reason why he was replaced by Coker?
It was the bad press from the Eddie Alvarez situation. Eddie really made him look terrible publicly when they had their contract dispute and essentially he was going to be blackballed by the industry. Plus I remember he had visions for Bellator that didn’t align with what Viacom wanted. He wanted the tournament style and to stick with the sporting aspect but Viacom wanted what they have now in Coker. But that’s what happens when you sell a portion of your company away, you lose the autonomy of running it the way you want.

I assumed the Bjorn era stuff was gone or very difficult to watch, but what about stuff like Chandler vs. Primus 2? Bellator really needs a centralized hub for their old shows like UFC Fight Pass

I assumed the Bjorn era stuff was gone or very difficult to watch, but what about stuff like Chandler vs. Primus 2? Bellator really needs a centralized hub for their old shows like UFC Fight Pass
Unfortunately there is no hub for old fights. That is something Bellator should utilize they have a 12 year old video fight library and they never even touch it. Content is the wave nowadays. But anyhow, I think your best bet is a website like mma core which tends to have old fights.

I don’t think a promoter ever got under Dana’s skin like Bjorn did lol Dana knew he was dealing with a smart motherfucker that knew how to wheel and deal. Dana didn’t like it one bit.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....f-ing-mind-guys-want-out-of-bellator.amp.html

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...rebney-fires-back-at-dana-whites-snarky-tweet
Lmao Dana talking shit about other promotion's restrictive contracts. But you are right, Dana only gets that riled up when he feels threatened.

Lmao Dana talking shit about other promotion's restrictive contracts. But you are right, Dana only gets that riled up when he feels threatened.
Dana was probably mad that he didn't think off putting those clauses in the contracts. Most of the things he is complaining about in the Bjorn contracts are now common place in UFC ones

Dana probably loves Coker lol
Oh yeah Coker is his kinda guy. Just sit back and does his job and doesn’t say shit. Doesn’t even look like Coker is even trying half the time. Bjorn on the other hand is Dana’s nightmare. Smart educated and willing to go at him. Dana probably shat his pants when he heard about that mma union that Rebney tried to put together

https://themaclife.com/sports/mma/dana-white-responds-to-mmaaa-bjorn-rebney-is-a-piece-of-sht/

Dana probably loves Coker lol
In all honesty, he probably does. He usually refrains from talking shit about him, even when Coker said Bellator's LHW division was better. The thing is that Coker is a nice guy; he is not a brash, confrontational guy so, Dana probably feels about about bullying him.

In all honesty, he probably does. He usually refrains from talking shit about him, even when Coker said Bellator's LHW division was better. The thing is that Coker is a nice guy; he is not a brash, confrontational guy so, Dana probably feels about about bullying him.

I think he just thinks he's harmless.

Oh yeah Coker is his kinda guy. Just sit back and does his job and doesn’t say shit. Doesn’t even look like Coker is even trying half the time. Bjorn on the other hand is Dana’s nightmare. Smart educated and willing to go at him. Dana probably shat his pants when he heard about that mma union that Rebney tried to put together

https://themaclife.com/sports/mma/dana-white-responds-to-mmaaa-bjorn-rebney-is-a-piece-of-sht/
Coker is a great MMA guy and everyone loves him as a boss, I have yet to hear a bad word from a fighter about him. But he is a shit promoter. He kind of sounds afraid to promote his product because he doesnt want to inconvenience you. Its like he doesnt like people talking bad about him so he avoids any scandals or confrontations. If he was more outspoken and kind of an asshole, people would at least turn to see what the company is all about. But the guy couldnt sell you a glass of water in the desert.

Coker is a great MMA guy and everyone loves him as a boss, I have yet to hear a bad word from a fighter about him. But he is a shit promoter. He kind of sounds afraid to promote his product because he doesnt want to inconvenience you. Its like he doesnt like people talking bad about him so he avoids any scandals or confrontations. If he was more outspoken and kind of an asshole, people would at least turn to see what the company is all about. But the guy couldnt sell you a glass of water in the desert.

Yep, I never thought I'd say this but Coker could learn a thing or two from Jake Paul.

I work in real estate so I have seen it firsthand, if you are afraid to make ppl uncomfortable you won't sell anything. Coker reminds me of some of the new agents that just start getting into the game. He is going to say what he needs to say and if you're not buying then whatever, we'll try again with someone else tomorrow. Dana on the otherhand will scream in your face and tell you you're an idiot if you don't buy it. That's why the UFC is where it's at today.

I work in real estate so I have seen it firsthand, if you are afraid to make ppl uncomfortable you won't sell anything. Coker reminds me of some of the new agents that just start getting into the game. He is going to say what he needs to say and if you're not buying then whatever, we'll try again with someone else tomorrow. Dana on the otherhand will scream in your face and tell you you're an idiot if you don't buy it. That's why the UFC is where it's at today.

lol, that comparison is fantastic.

I hope Coker transitions into a VP of Talent or something like that and they replace him with someone who is more in tune with modern media and promoting. Don't know who does the scouting, but if it's Coker then he is valuable, but the man makes even Chatri seem like a mean man.

Last edited:
Back