Examples of fighters that has lost simply because they underestimated their opponent?

Interesting thought. My take on the Mcgregor/Poirier saga is that Dustin was always the better fighter. Even though Conor knocked him the fuck out the first time, it kinda feels like a fluke today. It was a weird punch that dropped Dustin, they both moved up to 155 after and Dustin did better things there.

Maybe Conor underastimated him in the second fight due to the easy result in 2014, but he learned in the third fight Dustin is actually elite.

Hmm interesting, I have a different take. I think any iteration of Conor at 145 takes out Dustin. I don't think it was a fluke or underestimation too much(tho Dustin did talk McGregor down a lot back in 2014). Dustin has always had somewhat iffy durability, I find that almost every decent shot that hit's him he has a noticeable reaction to it, be that a smile, a wobble, fall back onto his heels, etc he always gets a little bit hurt. I think he was so drained at FW that he barely got scraped by Conor's forearm by the ear and it put him on queer street and his body just wasn't able to take it as well as he can when he's healthy at 155.
Even now where Dustin has made leaps of improvement to his hands, head movement, etc he still got cracked with decent shots from Conor but ate them so much better since he's at a healthy weight. At FW he would always struggle with the shots Conor would put on him. I think 9/10 times Conor sleeps Poirier at 145, he's just too vulnerable at 145 for someone with McGregors power.

Conor-Nate 1 is a very good shout
I dont think Silva underestimated Weidman, he overestimated his mind games

Mark Hunt vs Melvin Manhoeff. Melvin was 185 pounder so Mark went guns blazing"this fool aint even heaveyweight" and woke up in the hospital.

Chuck and Keith Jardine.
Jardine whooped that ass

Also Kimbo vs Petruzelli

seth-petruzelli-kimbo-slice-elitexc-heat-2.jpg

i don't see that

Rockhold has no defense against the left hook and Bisping clearly knew that and was going for the left hook from the start of the fight

no matter how seriously he took that fight his biggest flaw had been found and he never fixed it even in later fights
Seems like you never saw the first fight when Rockhold tapped him with 1 hand literally......

Interesting thought. My take on the Mcgregor/Poirier saga is that Dustin was always the better fighter. Even though Conor knocked him the fuck out the first time, it kinda feels like a fluke today. It was a weird punch that dropped Dustin, they both moved up to 155 after and Dustin did better things there.

Maybe Conor underastimated him in the second fight due to the easy result in 2014, but he learned in the third fight Dustin is actually elite.

I don't think Conor looks good anymore, he looks like he is out of his prime. The speed and timing is not like it use to be.

Overeem is the king of throwing away fights where he completely out classes the guy then gets cocky and underestimates his opponents and getting KTFO.

Brown, Bigfoot, Rozenstruik, ect

Bisping Rockhold rematch
On that same note, I would say Rockhold vs Weidman

Weidman was well in control of the fight and Luke looked dead tired at the point he decided to throw that spinning kick, which seemed to me like a way to try to clown on Luke. Considering Rockhold was beating the shit out of Chris for the first two rounds, I can't imagine what the thought process was there.

The obvious one for me was Silva-Wiedman 1

Belfort vs Couture 1

Hey now, maybe we need to see a third fight to settle this, but in my opinion Fig was weak as fuck due to the weight cut. Dude got dropped by a jab. Not even a counter jab, just a jab.

I do see your point in that Fig talked all that shit pre fight. How he was going to smash Moreno in a round to make things right.

Fuck it book Moreno/Fig 3

Fig needs a win before he gets another rematch. First off, he couldn't even beat Moreno in the first fight(draw). Then gets finish the 2nd fight. I dont see how he deserves auto title shot.

Brock vs Cain. Brock respected randy who is much worse than cain for some reason and in that fight took his time and didnt rush the fight. Against Cain he took him lightly and didnt respect him and thought he could finish cain right away, big mistake that resulted in him being gassed after just 2 min.

I'm sure Israel underestimated Jan

Back