Khabib Retired too early…Is being forgotten from GOAT discussion so quickly

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone will mention Fedor, GSP, and if we don’t care about PED’S then Anderson and Jones.

But Khabib is not being mentioned anymore in GOAT conversations.

He cares about legacy but left too much on the table.

His wins were Dustin, Conor, and Gaethe.

Great Wins but there is more.

More to be proven at LW and beyond.

If he didn’t want to try Usman, why not Colby or Wonderboy?

Yeah he’s an all time great but all he can really say is he never lost. He really only spent a couple of years fighting and beating the best in the world. No disrespect, but we’ve seen it done before and for longer periods of time.

Khabib was about as dominant a fighter I’ve ever seen. But I agree he needed to do it longer to really be in the conversation.

Everyone will mention Fedor, GSP, and if we don’t care about PED’S then Anderson and Jones.

He ran in my book.

Fedor had more top 10 wins at the same age, more wins I think as well, just as undefeated, AT HEAVYWEIGHT.

He's probably GOAT LW as is, but no where in top 10 greatests imo.

and Amanda

And Amanda.

22d9689453caf1cd8e4da60495038966.gif

After this last win and retirement there was some momentum on this in the media and some fighters. But it slowed heavily and most people regained their senses and the whole Khabib goat myth got exposed. Among one of the best, goat LW I would say. But not top 5 all time.

Khabib didn't stick around long enough to make it, at least he'll go down as the best LW ever, in most people's eyes anyway.

Not on this forum. There's a quota of minimum 3 Khabib is GOAT threads a day on Sherdog

goat herders with too much time on their hands -- and internet access

khabib this, khabib that, blah blah blah

khabib tapped out of his fight career -- so now Coach Khabib is gathering up his disciples to take over mma

Last edited:

Yet he lives rent free inside your head so it made you make this thread?

None of those guys are undefeated, not even Jones who is been banned by USADA several times,

Even being an undefeated UFC champion makes him unique, because there aren't any.

Let alone Khabib's dominance and how he easily wins every one of his fights,

Then, there could be other arguments like dominance, not losing rounds, not getting hurt or bleed etc etc.

Don't worry, Khabib will be the GOAT over those guys, because Khabib's fanbase is easily bigger than the combined fanbase of those guys.

Perhaps Conor's fanbase might be bigger than Khabib's, but even Conor fanboys knows Khabib > Conor.

Last edited:
Back