Unless Ngannou lands a lucky punch

VS Stipe we saw an insanely improved toolkit from Ngannou:

* IMPROVED TDD and wrestling, dude was trying to take down Stipe at one point

* More variety of kicks. Ngannou used to only really throw leg kicks, here we saw some high kicks and a front kick.

* A jab. Rarely saw Ngannou use a jab despite his ridiculous power and long reach.

* Level changes. Pretty crazy seeing Francis Ngannou of all people feinting the takedown. Don't know if they had any material effect, but they were there.

Patient, gameplan Ngannou is a fucking monster. What we saw from him in his last fight was a professional MMA fighter. Not just a guy throwing haymakers. Gane ain't ready for him now. His rise has been too fast.

And lastly, ya'll need to put some MF respect on Stipe's name. Im not even sure Gane gets past him at this point.

Idk, need to see their dicks to make up my mind

Gross

tumblr_lfvmq5j01n1qcykapo1_250.gif

Guys these threads are so stupid. First of all MMA is completely unpredictable. Think of all these threads before gsp vs Serra. Holly vs Rousey. Conor vs Nate. The list goes on.

Secondly we all know Francis could put anyone out and none of us have really seen Gane take a good shot. We also haven't seen either really come back from adversity. It's an intriguing match up for sure but to act like any of us have a clue what's really going to happen is silly. Guess it's fun to speculate though.

Guys these threads are so stupid. First of all MMA is completely unpredictable. Think of all these threads before gsp vs Serra. Holly vs Rousey. Conor vs Nate. The list goes on.

Secondly we all know Francis could put anyone out and none of us have really seen Gane take a good shot. We also haven't seen either really come back from adversity. It's an intriguing match up for sure but to act like any of us have a clue what's really going to happen is silly. Guess it's fun to speculate though.
I had Holm Vs Rousey and McG Vs Nate right

Hmmm1.jpg

Until last Saturday I thought Ngannou would just rush Gane and starch him, but I've changed my mind.

Ngannou isn't even gonna get to have one defense. Gane will be at the top for a long long time.
We were on the same page with Lewis. The one thing Ngannou undoubtedly brings to the table that Lewis didn’t is speed. Do you see that making a difference?

Hyperbole over Gane is all over the place now.

People acting like this is going to be a striking version of Francis v Stipe 1.

That's not how prolonged striking works.

Gane is not going to takedown Francis.
Francis has an iron chin and improved striking.

Gane will be hit.
Francis doesn't need to land flush.

This fight hinges on Gane's chin not some perceived Mayweather level striking defense that he doesn't have.

Last edited:
VS Stipe we saw an insanely improved toolkit from Ngannou:

* IMPROVED TDD and wrestling, dude was trying to take down Stipe at one point

* More variety of kicks. Ngannou used to only really throw leg kicks, here we saw some high kicks and a front kick.

* A jab. Rarely saw Ngannou use a jab despite his ridiculous power and long reach.

* Level changes. Pretty crazy seeing Francis Ngannou of all people feinting the takedown. Don't know if they had any material effect, but they were there.

Patient, gameplan Ngannou is a fucking monster. What we saw from him in his last fight was a professional MMA fighter. Not just a guy throwing haymakers. Gane ain't ready for him now. His rise has been too fast.

And lastly, ya'll need to put some MF respect on Stipe's name. Im not even sure Gane gets past him at this point.

Nah, you just saw Miocic make a mistake in judging how much he hurt ngannou when he caught him on the chin. Other than that, you can't make any determinations from 6min of fight time, lol.

Gane became sherdog's favorite fighter this past weekend, that being said, Francis knows how to kick legs, and he can take Gane down most likely and land devastating shots. Just like he did against Stipe in the rematch it will be a similar fight to that one imo

Eventhough I favor Gane, Ngannou is way more varied in his attack and skilled than Lewis. It's hard to go off last fight.

Nah, you just saw Miocic make a mistake in judging how much he hurt ngannou when he caught him on the chin. Other than that, you can't make any determinations from 6min of fight time, lol.
Yes i can. 6 min is a long time. It's not like nothing happened in those 6 min.

I guess it depends on if you have an eye for this sport or not.

Until last Saturday I thought Ngannou would just rush Gane and starch him, but I've changed my mind.

Ngannou isn't even gonna get to have one defense. Gane will be at the top for a long long time.
Beating Lewis is the thing that made you change your mind?... He didn't show anything new in that fight.

Gane looked good, but I feel like Ngannou might crack him. His chin was up in the air a lot against Lewis.

Back