Pacquiao vs Ugas Aug.21st FOX PBC PPV

Big shame about Spence. On the bright side, Ugas might get some great odds.

Hes gonna have to knock him out and considering the circumstances good luck.

Its like Castano going to the cards with Charlo. He wasnt ever gonna win a decision even tho he had a real shot to win.

Pac is an experienced boxer but he was still training specifically for Spence and had him in mind the whole time. Having your opponent swapped is still going to change things.

Without a doubt, a bigger change for Ugas.

One thing is that fighters can look old overnight, I hope Manny still has legs and can pull the trigger, if not, even an unheralded champ can win. I just don't want to let some chump beat Manny, someone of Errol's caliber is at least a good swan song.

Without a doubt, a bigger change for Ugas.

One thing is that fighters can look old overnight, I hope Manny still has legs and can pull the trigger, if not, even an unheralded champ can win. I just don't want to let some chump beat Manny, someone of Errol's caliber is at least a good swan song.
Yeah I think this could be a hard fight for him but I feel like Manny should still be able to put up a pretty good performance. We shall see.

Pac is an experienced boxer but he was still training specifically for Spence and had him in mind the whole time. Having your opponent swapped is still going to change things.

Nope Manny won't have any problems, not against that Cuban, Ugas isn't busy enough to bother Manny, he's an outside fighter that's just going to get beat up while Manny darts in & out throwing flurries and dancing, he's tailor made for old Pac, just watch his fights.

Ugas backing straight up for defense is going to get him beat up against Pac, Ugas doesn't have enough time to game plan against Pac, he's getting beat up like Clottey did, or made to look silly, Pac will follow him around and faint then wait till he covers up and then fire combos, then Ugas will stand there posing thinking what punches he's going to throw next and get lit up again, always backing strait up in defensive mode, with ear muffs on.

Ugas fights just like Joshua Clottey, just watch the Manny vs Clottey fight and watch the Porter vs Ugas fight, Manny will just coast to a win firing flurries, Manny's styles is all wrong for Ugas, sparring mach fight, boring 12 rounds.

Porter vs Ugas FULL FIGHT: March 9, 2019 - PBC on FOX

Nope Manny won't have any problems, not against that Cuban, Ugas isn't busy enough to bother Manny, he's an outside fighter that's just going to get beat up while Manny darts in & out throwing flurries and dancing, he's tailor made for old Pac, just watch his fights.

Ugas backing straight up for defense is going to get him beat up against Pac, Ugas doesn't have enough time to game plan against Pac, he's getting beat up like Clottey did, or made to look silly, Pac will follow him around and faint then wait till he covers up and then fire combos, then Ugas will stand there posing thinking what punches he's going to throw next and get lit up again, always backing strait up in defensive mode, with ear muffs on.

Ugas fights just like Joshua Clottey, just watch the Manny vs Clottey fight and watch the Porter vs Ugas fight, Manny will just coast to a win firing flurries, Manny's styles is all wrong for Ugas, sparring mach fight, boring 12 rounds.

Porter vs Ugas FULL FIGHT: March 9, 2019 - PBC on FOX

Ugas is a far better boxer than clottey… actually he was robbed vs Porter… he should have got the dec on that fight

Hes gonna have to knock him out and considering the circumstances good luck.

Its like Castano going to the cards with Charlo. He wasnt ever gonna win a decision even tho he had a real shot to win.

Not quite how I see it. Ugas is a good body puncher, and I'm not sure if the Pac against Thurman beats Ugas, let alone a guy who has sat on the shelf for two years and is now 42. I think Ugas now is a better fighter than a borderline shot Thurman was, with a better style to beat Pac. I'm fairly confident in it.

Ugas is a far better boxer than clottey… actually he was robbed vs Porter… he should have got the dec on that fight

Clottey was a decent boxer. Very inconsistent, but actually a pretty good boxer when he went to work. Never a guy with the right style to trouble Pac, even if he was keen on doing it, though (which it didn't appear he was in that fight). Thankfully, Pac is like 4 career stanzas removed from the guy who beat Clottey easily.

Who do we think is the betting favourite in this fight?

Pac, easily. Pac's betting lines are always wild. Putting him up against a complete unknown to the betting casual is going to make for some very inviting lines on Ugas.

From shaking up the world, to fighting Ugas.... damn this fight went from the hottest ticket to just another fight.

Pac, easily. Pac's betting lines are always wild. Putting him up against a complete unknown to the betting casual is going to make for some very inviting lines on Ugas.

Manny opens -280. Ugas +200 but already down +160 to +180 on some lines. You reckon Manny's lines will widen?

Manny opens -280. Ugas +200 but already down +160 to +180 on some lines. You reckon Manny's lines will widen?

The really early money is the real bettors in this weird situation. I think it widens betweens now and at least Wednesday/Thursday fight week.

From shaking up the world, to fighting Ugas.... damn this fight went from the hottest ticket to just another fight.

Still two of the top 4 WWs, though. I'm not really bothered, at all.

Still two of the top 4 WWs, though. I'm not really bothered, at all.

Yeah Ugas was on the undercard for a reason. Fighting a tuneup but he was there clearly as a backup option. I don't love his chances as some but he's legit

Yeah Ugas was on the undercard for a reason. Fighting a tuneup but he was there clearly as a backup option. I don't love his chances as some but he's legit

Fair enough. There was once upon a time that he'd get torched by Pacquiao, but I feel those days are long behind us. I really do think this is a clearly better fighter than the Thurman we saw two years ago, and an undoubtedly worse Pacquiao.

Is this Spence’s car crash coming back to haunt him? Perhaps should have given himself more time and taken easier fights at the start of the comeback - and stayed away from heavy sparring for as long as possible.

However long he gave himself, it wasn’t enough. Weidman 2.0.

Back