Brock is not afraid of punches(Myth debunked)

I remember Pat Barry saying he was told to not hit Brock in the face in sparring

Last edited:
Cain, Carwin, Ubereem. Those are some beasts though. When he can't take guys down who can strike he starts winching and throwing backfists. Brock at the discotheque.

Cain, Carwin, Ubereem. Those are some beasts though. When he can't take guys down who can strike he starts winching and throwing backfists. Brock at the discotheque.
I guess you missed the hunt fight, bad memory?

I guess you missed the hunt fight, bad memory?

Didn't miss it, winching away. It's just that you post 1 gif and then find a way to disagree with the next 10 gifs posted.

Didn't miss it, winching away. It's just that you post 1 gif and then find a way to disagree with the next 10 gifs posted.
Dude he didnt even flinch to ANY of hunts punches during the entire fight, also he won the standup and didnt panic and even stood 1 whole round with hunt.

He’s a beast for sure and his wrestling and pure power is an advantage over most. I think his striking and turtle JV has more to do with a lack of skill in the striking game. Look at any amateur boxer who lacks defensive abilities and that is what happens. They don’t know how to evade strikes and set up for counter strikes so it just looks like turtling. So I don’t think it’s fear.

Now some fighters respond differently to getting hit. The Diaz brothers come to mind. It appears the more they get hit the more they get into the fight. These guys are born and bred to fight. But they aren’t HWs either where one shot spells doom. And the Diaz brothers have really good boxing skills for MMA - a lot of the strikes they take are deflected shots.

I’m also not in the camp that if Brock had more time he’d be unstoppable because I don’t think his build would give him that striking ability of a JDS. He’s purely a take you down and lunch box you in the head type of fighter.

He’s a beast for sure and his wrestling and pure power is an advantage over most. I think his striking and turtle JV has more to do with a lack of skill in the striking game. Look at any amateur boxer who lacks defensive abilities and that is what happens. They don’t know how to evade strikes and set up for counter strikes so it just looks like turtling. So I don’t think it’s fear.

Now some fighters respond differently to getting hit. The Diaz brothers come to mind. It appears the more they get hit the more they get into the fight. These guys are born and bred to fight. But they aren’t HWs either where one shot spells doom. And the Diaz brothers have really good boxing skills for MMA - a lot of the strikes they take are deflected shots.

I’m also not in the camp that if Brock had more time he’d be unstoppable because I don’t think his build would give him that striking ability of a JDS. He’s purely a take you down and lunch box you in the head type of fighter.
Purely takedown? He won the ufc belt by striking...

It is exaggerated to an extent but Brock does not handle getting hit very well. If he isn't able to bully his opponent then he is in a world of trouble.

ZV4cY2.gif

ECbs.gif
ubereem!!!

Brock took a dive in this fight, didnt even try and had fired his mma coaches months before and was in negotiation with the wwe.
I was so pumped for reem to come to the UFC . Felt good to see him get a nice win.

Brock still taking 4 page dumps on Sherdawg years later.

Nuff'Said...

It is exaggerated to an extent but Brock does not handle getting hit very well. If he isn't able to bully his opponent then he is in a world of trouble.

ZV4cY2.gif

ECbs.gif

True, and I'd apply that same logic to Overeem and other bully fighters. They've got a fragile wilting point. In terms of Brock "not liking getting hit" though, I think he likes getting hit by fighters who hit like trucks about as much as anyone else does. He looked bad when Carwin and Cain rocked him, but most do look bad when they're on the edge of getting knocked out and the room is spinning and their body is slightly disconnected from their brain. Sometimes they even manage to do a cartwheel while desperately trying to find their footing.

Back