I'm more convinced than ever that Jon Jones is suspended

Accountability.

USADA have limits. They can't just let dopers get off completely free, especially not 3rd strikers. If anyone ever found out that they outright HID PED failures, that would be a big problem. By at least suspending Jon for 2 years, they've done something should the truth come out -- but it still save Jon & the UFC from a 4+ year ban.

That makes no sense. You think they’re sort of covering their tracks a little bit by secretly holding him accountable, just in case the cat were to be let out of the bag one day lmao. If that were the case and it comes out, it would 100% kill any credibility USADA has. You think their defense would be, “well we at least suspended him for 2 years”. That is ludicrous. Lol

You gonna tell me Dana doesn't know something bud? Come on. If you think Jon isn't suspended then I don't know what to say.

If there gonna cover for him then why the hell suspend him in secret? Yeah they don’t report right away until it’s 100% proven it and his win against Reyes would be NC. I actually think Jon Jones is a scumbag but it just all sounds like tin foil fat fetch theories to entertain yourself in a fantasy world in your head.

i also think jones is in trouble with USADA again

there is one problem with this theory though. USADA doesn't have to announce that a fighter was flagged unless the fighter announces it first. however, USADA does have to announce the penalty once they've come to a decision about an adverse finding.

i tihnk they would have had to announce something by now but...you never know. they always get USADA to change the rules for jones.

the thing I don't understand is why? jon jones has never been a major draw for UFC on the level of ronda, brock, or GSP. why does UFC keep risking itself for this guy????? makes no sense.

there is one problem with this theory though. USADA doesn't have to announce that a fighter was flagged unless the fighter announces it first. however, USADA does have to announce the penalty once they've come to a decision about an adverse finding.

i tihnk they would have had to announce something by now but...you never know. they always get USADA to change the rules for jones.

the thing I don't understand is why? jon jones has never been a major draw for UFC on the level of ronda, brock, or GSP. why does UFC keep risking itself for this guy????? makes no sense.
maybe because they aren't?

maybe because they aren't?

well, that's clearly historically false. they changed USADA threshold so that USADA is no longer zero tolerance policy for PED levels and they moved an entire event for the guy at the last minute.

well, that's clearly historically false. they changed USADA threshold so that USADA is no longer zero tolerance policy for PED levels and they moved an entire event for the guy at the last minute.
I mean, they moved the event to save the event. Not to save jon jones.

Usada added a threshold for m3 for everyone. Grant Dawson was the first official beneficiary. 6 new substances have threshold limits and others existed before.

As for now, its pretty clear they aren’t. TS nutcase notwithstanding.

Really? The answer is always the same: Money.

2 main money related reasons:

1) Announcing the suspension would require a lifetime ban as Jon's 3rd strike. There's no way the public would let the NSAC agree to a 2 year suspension for Jones' 3rd strike. This would end his career, and he wouldn't make the UFC any more money.

2) The UFC wanted Jones to fight Ngannou. If Jon had actually agreed, Dana probably could have bribed USADA to reduce Jon's suspension. You could only get away with this if no one knew about the suspension in the first place.

It is possible.

As far as I know USADA still exists and positive tests are announced I doubt the UFC covers all. But Jon is such a cash cow I could see Dana via UFC paying top $ to cover this up

It is possible.

As far as I know USADA still exists and positive tests are announced I doubt the UFC covers all. But Jon is such a cash cow I could see Dana via UFC paying top $ to cover this up
Exactly.

They probably don't care about 99% of fighters that pop. But Jon is worth protecting if they can squeeze another 2-3 million PPV buys out of him.

Because Jon Jones is the most talented fighter ever lived by an extremely wide margin and they don't want to lose him.

I think JJ is taking the right approach with taking time off to gain weight but he needs to fight soon or he'll be too rusty. He should fight derrick lewis or the shoe drinker guy so he could get used to HW if he's to fight for the belt.

It is possible.

Who would they be paying top dollar and how do they ensure it stays a secret? They are a public company in the middle of class action lawsuits where everything is discoverable and audited. It’s fantasy TS has made up in his troubled head.

Jones hasn't fought in over a year and a half, voluntarily vacated his title (the only leverage a fighter can have over the UFC) and there's no talk of any fight happening for him any time soon.

He obviously popped again and the UFC are keeping it hush hush.

Back