Woodley vs. Paul Heavies Megathread

Stop the coping man, woddley won the belt and defended it with his hands he's not a boxer but jake is a youtuber he had to win that fight
Yeah he was knocking people out with his boxing left and right, people were saying he had the best hands in his weight class and even back in Strikeforce he was considered a boxer with good wrestling to back it up.

All of a sudden people are trying to claim T Wood wasn't one of the best MMA boxers just a few years ago because of his loss to Jake lol.

True, I think MMA fans like it better when standup is poor though.

Rory vs Lawler is considered to be one of the best fights of all time, but it's because both fighters brawled and Rory just kept tanking punches with his nose with barely any head movement.

Most MMA fans like guts and violence. When fighters are less skilled (specially defensively) the fights are more violent and hence more entertaining. Also if a fighter gets shows "heart" while getting mutilated.

Meanwhile wrestlers that are extremely safe, smart and technical are often thought of as "boring" (GSP, Khabib)

It's a shame imho. Specially when the UFC starts catering to these clueless thrill seeking retards and starts shilling and rewarding flashy risky strikers over the rest.
It's basically just human nature, and people are attracted to spectacles and chaos, more so than control and order. Notice how everyone in the crowd stopped paying attention to that female fight when a fight broke out in the audience??? The most title winning champion in women's boxing history and #3 P4P fighter was competing, but the fans were more interested in watching some drunks throwing haymakers in the crowd.

MMA fans are cowards.

Most intelligent people saw Woodley losing as soon as it was signed. Thats why the fight was even made.

But go on,just stop watching, and do us all a favor.
images
images

Paul Clearly cheated, you can't hold the ropes like a bitch in boxing.

98% of the fighters dont give a shit about legacy or giving it their all for this barbaric sport. They know they are just animals in a cage literally.

So at this point anyone who looks at this sport or organization as a professional business is sorely wrong....

I was dissapointed Woodley threw the fight last night but then i realized i would do the same for more money.

fuck the fans and fuck the organization who makes money off them getting brain damage.

Its insane what people are doing to not give the guy credit, he's not the best boxer in the world far from it but he has some skills and woodley is not a sack of potatos despite being past his prime. He was a ufc world champion with his hands and he lost to a youtuber who is training a combat sport for about 3 years now, im sorry i know 90% of the forum doesn't want to admit it but the youtuber is a legit tough guy

Paul Clearly cheated, you can't hold the ropes like a bitch in boxing.
Paul is trash and will never have the balls to fight a boxer of the same size, Tyron is horrible at boxing and nearly killed him.

Tough guys don't fight men smaller than him with 40 years.

Are beautiful sport of MMA is being destroyed by these idiot youtube brothers .. they make a mockery of our heritage and traditions , and the legacy of our fighters with their juvenile highjinks..

I really hope no more MMA fighters challenge them , because it’s hurting our sport

Are sport is a beautiful sport imo

Why the hate guys? I like Woodley and was rooting for him, I even ordered the PPV like Woodley wanted us all to.

I'm happy Woodley did better than expected...he even won on a judge's scorecard
Lmao the guy won two rounds MAX

Meanwhile, Marquardt KO'd him like, 3 times during the finishing sequence to their fight lmaooo

Nah, the even past his prime is what gets you. The decline is real. In every sport, the old greats get overtaken by lesser but younger athletes. You know who understands that? Jake Paul. Has he fought anyone under 35 years old?

Do they? Jan Blachowicz is 38 years old and the LHW champion. Anderson Silva is 46 and just outboxed a former world champ who is 35. I don't think beating a kid off Youtube with a couple of years experience is a hard ask for a 39 year old former world champion.

Old greats eventually get overtaken by their younger contemporaries, fellow elite combat athletes. Not some semi pro youtuber.

Do they? Jan Blachowicz is 38 years old and the LHW champion. Anderson Silva is 46 and just outboxed a former world champ who is 35. I don't think beating a kid off Youtube with a couple of years experience is a hard ask for a 39 year old former world champion.

Old greats eventually get overtaken by their younger contemporaries, fellow elite combat athletes. Not some semi pro youtuber.
except woodley has never had a boxing match.

Agreed. But he didn't show it and should have

Tyron was not gassed whatever and landed the most impactful strikes of the fight by far. Paul was hurt and tired by the end. Tyron lost not because of his age or being the lesser athlete, because he was clearly the better athlete. He lost because of his idiotic mentality.

Are beautiful sport of MMA is being destroyed by these idiot youtube brothers .. they make a mockery of our heritage and traditions , and the legacy of our fighters with their juvenile highjinks..

I really hope no more MMA fighters challenge them , because it’s hurting our sport

"beautiful sport"

lol grow up pussy

except woodley has never had a boxing match.
Woodley has gotten his hands on higher level strikers than Paul. Even if the rule set was different, he should have won that fight. Anderson Silva outboxed JCC despite being 11 years his senor and not having a fraction of his experience in the world of boxing. Even Conor McGregor had a decent-ish showing vs Floyd. Jake Paul is some scrub kid off of youtube. He's a meme fighter.

Back