Woodley vs. Paul Heavies Megathread

Woodley is just a one dimensional boxer with only an overhand right

In MMA head-movement is almost non existent and elite footwork is when a fighter “bounces” around unnecessarily.

woodley can get far spamming overhand rights in MMA.

but in boxing it won’t work

Woodley lost because he kept trying to use mma logic , catch this guy coming in with one big shot and don’t set it up with other punches

meanwhile Paul would throw actual combos.
I doubt woodley would even care to fix this issue, even in a rematch.
He’s just stubborn and doesn’t care

LMAO former world champion with decades of training/experience at the top of his “sport” needs more time to defeat well known YouTube prankster.

Stick a fork in this sport.
it's like an former baseball champion would play Rugby it's not the same your experience in baseball means shit in Rugby, it's totally different they're different sports MMA and Boxing it's different.

Tyron would not survive 1 round against an active boxer.

My point was none are elite at striking

debatable. Adesanya has a lot of pro kickboxing fights and went the distance with Glory champ jason wilnis and has a win over Glory Champ Yousri Belgaroui. I'd say his striking is elite. Prime Cro Cop was also definitely a world-class striker. I do agree that guys like that are very rare in MMA. Grapplers tend to get into MMA more than elite strikers.

Last edited:
Haha I love it, real Rocky stories going on with this jake Paul dude. An amateur starting training in his early twenties beating pro fighters left and right. There’s gonna be movies and documentaries of this. He will become immortal. Can’t wait to see who he will troll next.

Woodley is just a one dimensional boxer with only an overhand right

In MMA head-movement is almost non existent and elite footwork is when a fighter “bounces” around unnecessarily.

woodley can get far spamming overhand rights in MMA.

but in boxing it won’t work

Woodley lost because he kept trying to use mma logic , catch this guy coming in with one big shot and don’t set it up with other punches

meanwhile Paul would throw actual combos.
I doubt woodley would even care to fix this issue, even in a rematch.
He’s just stubborn and doesn’t care
images
images

sad that even if Tyron is a noob in boxing universe with 0 pure boxing fights he almost finished the fight, it just show how trash Paul is.

debatable. Adesanya has a lot of pro kickboxing fights and went the distance with Glory champ jason wilnis and has a win over Glory Champ Yousri Belgaroui. I'd say his striking is elite but guys like that are rare. Prime Cro Cop was also definitely a world-class striker. I do agree that guys like that are very rare in MMA. Grapplers tend to get into MMA more than elite strikers.
95781214a1b4324780bf7819fdf5e9564308ca9f.gifv

Tyron is a Very Very horrible striker by MMA standards, his defense is pathetic.

Whether or not Jake gives him a rematch is more about money than his being afraid of the likely mythical ever improving boxing ability of Woodley. It wasn't that good of a fight, but it accomplished for Jake what it needed to-he now has a victory over a former UFC champion. Add that to wins over an Olympian and and NBA player and it looks pretty good...on paper at least.

It's not like Woodley has some devoted fan base that will be clamoring for a rematch. He had his chance and he blew it. People will want to see a new circus come to town.
So who do you think he fights after this if not the TWood rematch? Unless Dana is willing to co-promote, the options are pretty limited. I have to think more ppl turn in for Woodley II than Dillon Danis or KSI.

I hear all of what you are saying too, but not so sure it did for Jake what he hoped it would, which was another Robinson/Ben Askren like demolition job. Sure, he has the 'win" on his record over a UFC champ, but the aura of Jake's invincibility has been diminished and he was exposed in alot of ways. Those pipe dreams of fighting (and beating) Canelo in two years have clearly been exposed and the zoomer Jake Paul fans saw their KO machine idol become human for the first time. Its kind of like when Conor fought Nate after destroying all these featherweights and some of his fans thought that he could literally beat Jon Jones --- he even won the second match, but the damage to his aura was done and his vulnerability was exposed.

Paul has no skill, he just has athleticism.
Tyron looked like was an dick in his ass after the 4th round, he was trying not to win and not attacking.

So, you mean he looked the exact same way he has looked for the past 3 years? Yeah, that's who Woodley is. A guy who throws single shots, waits, watches, throws no combos, shows no activity waits for a big overhand right, and doesn't do shit most the time and has also become pretty slow. This is why many thought he would lose, and he did. It was a typical Woodley performance.

images
images

sad that even if Tyron is a noob in boxing universe with 0 pure boxing fights he almost finished the fight, it just show how trash Paul is.
No idea how that was not called a knockdown. The reffing was terrible all night, especially in the Baranchyk vs Love.

Old greats eventually get overtaken by their younger contemporaries, fellow elite combat athletes. Not some semi pro youtuber.

Sure, except of course this only works when you obscure what happened by calling Paul and Woodley "combat athletes". That's not a useful term when analyzing the results of a boxing fight; if anything it is misleading. Tyron is an MMA fighter. Paul is a boxer. There's no reason at all to expect Tyron to be a better boxer than some semi pro boxer. In a boxing fight, Tyron is out of his element and has much less to work with and far fewer advantages than your typical grizzled veteran. Most of his experience in MMA will lead him astray in boxing. His hard learned habits work against him instead of for him. All that's left are intangibles like toughness, which did seem to serve him well in this slopfest.

Add to that that MMA has long since exposed Tyron as burnt out. Not just a little older or a little slower. The guy has been dominated in every round of his last four fights, and only put up appreciable resistance in one of those rounds. He's beyond shot, and thinking he was going to somehow revive his mojo by fighting in a manner in which he lacks experience was foolish imo. I think reasonable expectations should have been low enough that Tyron can be fairly seen as having exceeded them.

It was strange to watch the smaller, older fighter walk down the bigger, younger fighter.

lol

Straight up.. All any fighter’s record ever shows is fights won and lost. What a horrible thread. Woodley was never anywhere near being mentioned as a GOAT. It’s only GSP haters that tried to push that agenda. The same as Usman is still almost 10 fights behind GSP for top 10 wins.

But then... everybody remains behind GSP for top 10 wins. By at least 5 fights. It is what it is.

So glad this shit got a megathread, now all you retards can wallow in this cesspool.

LMAO former world champion with decades of training/experience at the top of his “sport” needs more time to defeat well known YouTube prankster.

Stick a fork in this sport.
Then how bad must not Boxing be when a former boxing champion gets bested by a journeyman MMA fighter in frikking artem lobov, in a boxing match without gloves.
hi-res-dd324bae6e395e5c87a9cb8bfb120e52_crop_north.jpg

No idea how that was not called a knockdown. The reffing was terrible all night, especially in the Baranchyk vs Love.
Is it a knockdown if you lean one the cage after getting punched like that in the octagon? I don’t think so.

They took down T wood. That’s it. Bring out the big guns. Give them Ngannou, Dustin or Wilder. There’s no one else I wanna see fight these dweebs

Back