• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your team can lift you off the ground and help you to the stool?

There have been many fights in UFC that corners have helped fighters to the stool. Lucky for Ortega he was right in his corner already. You could see Herb was nervous if he was okay or not.

Lol remember Urijah Faber’s corner literally carrying him to the corner like a baby during the Jose Aldo fight.?

Ortega was the marketing favorite in this fight. Herb Dean was the ref in this fight. They certainly don't put Dean there for his "ref skills" lol. Same as with Conor fights, O'Malley fights, etc. Herb is the only guy that refs those fights it seems. The corruption is so transparent it hurts.

I think Herb should just graduate and call fights for the favored guy before any strikes land in the 1st 10 seconds. That's the only way he could make it even more obvious, and I'm betting a chunk of Sherdog would defend even that.

Herb being extremely corrupt / fixing fights aside though... amazing amazing fight that made me forget about how corrupt Herb is if for only a few minutes.
I think Herb is the ref the UFC pays on the down low to try and fix fights.

It seems like refs like herb know they should call the fight off but they got someone in their ear telling them to do anything possible to keep it going.

Herb waves off the fight during that brutal GnP or between rounds in 99% of fights. This shit only flys in certain main event title fights and when they want to give someone like Conor every chance. Reminded me of rockhold bashing Weidman's brains in for a straight minute at the end of rd 3 in their title fight

“No you moron” - Dana White. Sometimes I think Herb Dean has an earpiece and is told to do certain things or look confused
It seems that way but also refs meet with fighters beforehand to explain rules and some will emphasize that they are still in the fight until they are unconscious and not to stop for unanswered punches because their opponent is pillow fisted

You're right- those were some shifty moves, but I was a prisoner of the moment and loved the whole fight. Still, Volk put a whuppin' on him. I definitely don't want to hear anyone trying to downplay Volk's performance after that lol

On the other hand, Nick Diaz quits against a shot to shit old Lawler who’s barely ranked if ranked at all.
Nick gave what he had.

He didnt have much. His courage cant be questioned if you look at his career. He just doesnt have that fire anymore. Very similar to Tyson's last pro fight.

Lol remember Urijah Faber’s corner literally carrying him to the corner like a baby during the Jose Aldo fight.?

I hadn't seen it before, but this is worse in a lot of ways to Ortega. Being carried to corner to conserve energy lol. Worth watching

ortega is just not a championship level fighter.

Back