• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your team can lift you off the ground and help you to the stool?

He was unable to answer to the bell. I thought that applied to all circumstances. Guess only opening bell

I don't remember her being hurt badly in that instance at all, certainly not to the extent where you or I would argue that the fight should have been stopped (she seemed all there) ortega on the other hand....
giphy.gif
Then why carry her lol. It was weird

Well they lifted Faber up in the aldo fight but why stop it just cos his legs all fucked up. Its not like he's gonna die from that

actually, i think you can die from it. from a blood clot forming in your leg and then it dislodging and going to your brain causing a stroke. i could be wrong tho, i'm only a doctor on sherdog.

We've seen that a ton of times in the UFC.

I think its likely Ortega was confused if the fight was stopped (as opposed to the round ending) which we've ALSO seen a bunch of times.

The doctor being called in, what can you do, the guys eye was a complete mess. It would be irresponsible not to call the doc, and I was kind of surprised they didn't call it TKO Volk over it.

Volk was going for it my dude! Ended up with a decision but he was making a point to be more aggressive no doubt about it.

Like I've said before, he's typically beat the shit out of everyone he's ever fought not named Aldo and Max. That was a great fight. I really thought he was going to get the finish, but ortega is a tough son of a bitch.

The corner did a great job. Should they just leave him there? They bought 60 seconds to evaluate him and see if he’s good to go. I had him winning the 5th.

actually, i think you can die from it. from a blood clot forming in your leg and then it dislodging and going to your brain causing a stroke. i could be wrong tho, i'm only a doctor on sherdog.
to me It's fine for the corner to help the fighter to the stool. It's their job to patch the dude up and have em ready to go for the next rd. If it's bad the ref can stop it.

If a fighter can't see or count they probably shouldn't be in there.

Sure occasionally you'll turn it around but odds on their just going to continue getting beaten up.

Like I've said before, he's typically beat the shit out of everyone he's ever fought not named Aldo and Max. That was a great fight. I really thought he was going to get the finish, but ortega is a tough son of a bitch.

Ortega stayed strongly on brand and got the shit beaten out of him, this time the out-of-nowhere submission didn't work.

Max beat him up a lot worse, but that was virtually all head shots.

Kind of nuts Ortega came back to win the 5th round? Surreal to watch. Total zombie mode.

Volk looked great.

He's tough but that could also be a roundabout way of saying he doesn't move his head enough.

Ultimate Fighting Circus. The rules don't get enforced.
What world do you live in? Rules never get applied equally. Title fights get more rope because it’s so hard to get there. Ok Karen?

Seems like in-between rounds Ortega couldn’t see. First Brian tried to turn his head to see the number. Then Brian says the wrong number “2”. His corner then tells Brian “1!” And Brian says one. Then Herb dean let’s him fight lmao.

That’s if I was hearing correctly. Did anyone catch that? I could be totally wrong.
Either way Herb Dean is like the gold standard of doubting yourself and bad reffing lol
A similar thing happened in a Arturo gatti fight. Doctor kinda knew he couldn't see but he was aware enough to try to trick the doctor that he could.

He was unable to answer to the bell. I thought that applied to all circumstances. Guess only opening bell
What do you think answering the bell means at the end of a round? He has a minute break where he gets to rest between rounds. Corners obviously wanted him to conserve his energy.

What do you think answering the bell means at the end of a round? He has a minute break where he gets to rest between rounds. Corners obviously wanted him to conserve his energy.
I dunno, not hitting your opponent or pretending to be dead i guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El Diego
Back