Usyk is P4P #1

I’d have Usyk #1. Undefeated, undisputed at CW, and now has three belts at HW. Canelo is great but he had two razor close fights with GGG and his drug test failure goes against him in my book. If Canelo fought and somehow beat Beterbiev then I’d change my mind.

SMW is also the weakest division by far at the top. No P4P talent besides Canelo there. Benavidez the only other impressive fighter there.

SMW is also the weakest division by far at the top. No P4P talent besides Canelo there. Benavidez the only other impressive fighter there.
It’s not too hot. Benavidez vs Canelo would be fun though, certainly in the future.

Canelo has bigger names but Usyk has dominated more thoroughly.

If you go just by wins, sure put Canelo. But inspecting his fights, he not only received 3 very questionable decisions that could have easily been losses (Lara, GGG 1 as a draw and 2 as a win) but faded late vs. guys with a pulse in Jacobs, GGG, and Trout in close fights. Usyk dominated Joshua, Gassiev and Briedis; if we take out the GGG questionable win from Canelo's resume, Usyk's body of work is much more impressive imo.

Needs to beat Vitor Belfort first tbt... ;)

USYK GIVES JOSHUA HIS TITLES BACK AFTER BEATING HIM; SHOWS RESPECT DURING LOCKER ROOM VISIT

Anybody want to discuss this strange behavior,

I can think of a few divisions weaker than 168, I don’t think it’s thaaaat weak

I would probably still have him just behind Canelo at #2 but a case could definitely be made for #1 after beating AJ the way he did.

Number 1 or not. Dude is a good fighter and I think people will/should start respecting him more.

No sir. The RedHead is leaps and bounds over the second spot. However, Usyk is making his way up the ladder, in the top 5 I would say.

Last edited:
Fuck Canelo, although on paper he has done great things, but he is on the receiving end of some super favorable and questionable judging and steroid abuse accusations. Never pound for pound for me.
Feel the way you want but he has a much longer resume and has moved up multiple weight classes and picked up a lot of good wins.

Right top 4 but order should be Usyk, Canelo, Taylor, Inoue

i wouldnt overhype usyk that fast.. it's one big win at hw.
he looked good tonight, but struggled in his previous fights vs so-so opponents
aj still lost to ruiz not too long ago, and most ppl would have tyson as the favorite.

Back