PBP Bellator 267: Lima vs. MVP 2, Fri. 10/1, 1 PM ET/10 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the rematch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, taking someone down only for them to neutralise you the whole time... You don't/shouldn't score points for that.
Rarely seen someone have both their wrists tied up the whole time in guard like that.
i’d still rather be the guy not fighting for wrist control out of fear for his life. mvp looked genuinely terrified every second on the ground. i wouldn’t wanna be that guy, even if neither are landing strikes.

For discussion. 1st round, 2nd Potential Knockdown

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

IM NOT EVEN A FAN OF LIMA… I was happy when Mousasi beat him, and even when Askren toyed with him. LIMA WON.

England is the worst when it comes to hometown judging. Bisping, Till, MVP, couple of CW scraps.
Are the judges local? They do. fly the refs, at least Beltran and other i have seen them often in the US cards, fight was uneventful but it was Lima by UD.
in the first round he got tripped. the only actual knockdown was the second round and he got back up and won every other moment of that round lmao

i think you’d have to be very generous to give MVP a single round let alone the fight.
This.

in the first round he got tripped. the only actual knockdown was the second round and he got back up and won every other moment of that round lmao

i think you’d have to be very generous to give MVP a single round let alone the fight.
He may got tripped or he may not got tripped. It was fast and judges might have interpreted it differently. Even if he tripped, MVP legitimately dropped him minute later or so. Did you forget about it?
Round 2 was clearly for MVP. He scored a knockdown and threw at least similar amount of strikes to Lima. Stop being biased.

Even though I was rooting for MVP, I thought Lima won that.

If this fight wasn't such a dud, I'd really want to see a trilogy soon, outside of the UK of course.

Lord, can you imagine MVP vs Amosov or Usman?

Yeah he'd get killed lol. Way too accepting of bottom position vs Lima. I heard this was the last fight on MVP's deal for Bellator. Although nowhere near as explosive of a fight as Chandler's final Bellator fight, I imagine he's gonna try to take a look at what the market is offering for him before considering going back to Bellator. (If that is indeed the case)

He may got tripped or he may not got tripped. It was fast and judges might have interpreted it differently. Even if he tripped, MVP legitimately dropped him minute later or so. Did you forget about it?
Round 2 was clearly for MVP. He scored a knockdown and threw at least similar amount of strikes to Lima. Stop being biased.
so you’re literally admitting the judges fucked up lmao

so you’re literally admitting the judges fucked up lmao
No. Do you have reading comprehension problems? I will not repeat myself, so here you go:
It was close. If judges thought he dropped him twice then MVP clearly won the round. If they thought he dropped him once and one time he knocked him off balance and throw maybe 2 or 3 strikes here and there, it still can be viewed as round for MVP. Lima got a takedown, had one good shot and couple normal ones. He didn't dominate him for any means.

Yeah he'd get killed lol. Way too accepting of bottom position vs Lima. I heard this was the last fight on MVP's deal for Bellator. Although nowhere near as explosive of a fight as Chandler's final Bellator fight, I imagine he's gonna try to take a look at what the market is offering for him before considering going back to Bellator. (If that is indeed the case)
God, I hope somehow the UFC signs him. I’d love to see him get crushed on the prelims, then get cut after going winless.

Back