Media Cejudo Calls out Volk, Throws Shade at GSP.

Triple cringe starting to get real old with all the internet fighting. Literally a keyboard warrior nowadays.

No shame in coming back from a long lay off and moving up a weight class to fight the current champ, especially considering he finished him.

Yeah cuz everybody moves up 2 weight classes lol.

I mean, I don't like the GSP shade, it's unnecessary, but he's right. GSP definitely cherry picked The Ping.
He cherry picked the guy with super cardio. The guy who fucked up Rockhold.
When will you guys realize we have weight classes for a reason?

This is a serious call out, the other stuff is his gimmicks. He was messing around and Nunes knows that as well. He's serious about this and seems like he's been bulking up and getting used to the extra size. Seems like he was thinking about doing this for awhile now and preparing behind the scenes. When everyone thought he was trolling and retired he was getting ready to challenge FW champ by bulking up behind the scenes.
Oh so this is the serious one, not his boxing, not his intergender fights etc? Hell he called out a bunch of boxers yesterday, how'd you know this is the one he's legit serious about? Let's even give him the benefit of the doubt, the next question you'd have to ask is explain how he gets the fight then. He's not GSP so there's zero chance Dana's going to be like come back for a title fight at a weight above and receive a pay raise that you wanted Henry. He's not remotely enough of a draw for Dana to even consider that. He's just talking shit again to keep his name out there.

Oh so this is the serious one, not his boxing, not his intergender fights etc? Hell he called out a bunch of boxers yesterday, how'd you know this is the one he's legit serious about? Let's even give him the benefit of the doubt, the next question you'd have to ask is explain how he gets the fight then. He's not GSP so there's zero chance Dana's going to be like come back for a title fight at a weight above and receive a pay raise that you wanted Henry. He's not remotely enough of a draw for Dana to even consider that. He's just talking shit again to keep his name out there.
Because this fight can actually be made. He retired early so probably still under contract with UFC so without UFC's blessing boxing fights wouldn't happen. Not hard to figure out what's serious and what isn't. He did a whole interview focused solely on the possible Volk fight while leaving out his gimmick. He's letting you know he's serious so he isn't doing the extra stuff. The other stuff were made as jokes when he's high on Mike's podcast just cracking jokes with Canelo or trolling on twitter. Easy to differentiate those with this current situation.

You guys hatin but Volk/Hudo is a fun turbo manlet fight and Alex already said he wants to be active and there's no clear cut contender in the division right now ready to go, with Max/Yair now booked. So just do it.
Volk just fought at the end of September, he ain't fighting again in 2021 no matter what he wants. There will be a #1 contender in mid November when Max / Yair goes down, less than 2 months after Volk's last fight. There's absolutely no drama with the timetable as some people are trying to make it out to seem lol.

Because this fight can actually be made. He retired early so probably still under contract with UFC so without UFC's blessing boxing fights wouldn't happen. Not hard to figure out what's serious and what isn't. He did a whole interview focused solely on the possible Volk fight while leaving out his gimmick. He's letting you know he's serious so he isn't doing the extra stuff. The other stuff were made as jokes when he's high on Mike's podcast just cracking jokes with Canelo or trolling on twitter. Easy to differentiate those with this current situation.
The only joke I can see is that you seriously think he's got a chance in hell of getting the Volk fight. He's not getting it and he's smart enough to know it. Hence he's honeydicking his fanboys like you in order to keep his name out there.

It's kinda like Cejudwarf really tries his best to be cringe everytime he's interviewd.
Just shut the fuck up and get in the cage man...

Volk just fought at the end of September, he ain't fighting again in 2021 no matter what he wants. There will be a #1 contender in mid November when Max / Yair goes down, less than 2 months after Volk's last fight. There's absolutely no drama with the timetable as some people are trying to make it out to seem lol.
“[Holloway vs. Rodriguez] is not until November, and I want to fight,” Volkanovski said during the post-fight press conference. “So, do I move up, fight at lightweight, maybe fight the champion? Give me something, because I had 14 months off because of [COOFVID-19]. I’m thinking of maybe coming over here [to the [U.S.] to ride out this lockdown thing, because it’s a mess. That’s why I said this fight is for everyone back home that are struggling, they’re going through tough times, New Zealand and Australia.
https://www.mmamania.com/2021/9/26/...to-lightweight-155-title-shot-ortega-oliveira

“[Holloway vs. Rodriguez] is not until November, and I want to fight,” Volkanovski said during the post-fight press conference. “So, do I move up, fight at lightweight, maybe fight the champion? Give me something, because I had 14 months off because of [COOFVID-19]. I’m thinking of maybe coming over here [to the [U.S.] to ride out this lockdown thing, because it’s a mess. That’s why I said this fight is for everyone back home that are struggling, they’re going through tough times, New Zealand and Australia.
https://www.mmamania.com/2021/9/26/...to-lightweight-155-title-shot-ortega-oliveira

That's Volk's take, doesn't supercede the UFC's plans though. If he wants to headline an event it can't be done prior to March (presumably Adesanya / Whittaker 2 in January and Ngannou / Gane in February.)

No slots open for him to fight in 2021 again that's for sure. So co-maining in January is really the earliest I see him returning and even that is a stretch. Also it's fairly unrealistic he'll get a fight at lightweight anytime soon.

My prediction, you'll see him again in February or March at the earliest.

Last edited:
He is right, Michael Bisping was a very average mediocre fighter who got lucky Vitor cracked Luke’s chin for him

Cejudo should call Amanda and Valentina to further solidify his/her/they/them legacy.

That's Volk's take, doesn't supercede the UFC's plans though. If he wants to headline an event it can't be done prior to March (presumably Adesanya / Whittaker 2 in January and Ngannou / Gane in February.)

No slots open for him to fight in 2021 again that's for sure. So co-maining in January is really the earliest I see him returning and even that is a stretch. Also it's fairly unrealistic he'll get a fight at lightweight anytime soon.

My prediction, you'll see him again in February or March.
UFC 269 for December 11th doesn't have much going for it. Besides Moreno/Figgy trilogy - which is cool, there's just another whatever squash match for Amander. Dropping Volk/Cejudo on that card would be perfect. Give Henry the chance to set up future fights vs Moreno and Figgy as well, during the promotion. Cause he's gonna want to come back to winning ways after Volk beats him (and yeah, I think Volk beats him).

UFC 269 for December 11th doesn't have much going for it. Besides Moreno/Figgy trilogy - which is cool, there's just another whatever squash match for Amander. Dropping Volk/Cejudo on that card would be perfect. Give Henry the chance to set up future fights vs Moreno and Figgy as well, during the promotion. Cause he's gonna want to come back to winning ways after Volk beats him (and yeah, I think Volk beats him).

269 is gonna have 3 title fights still, there's zero precedence nor expectations for them to add a 4th, we're getting a little too crazy here lol.

269 is gonna have 3 title fights still, there's zero precedence nor expectations for them to add a 4th, we're getting a little too crazy here lol.
Wait, which one's the 3rd? Doostin/Ollie?

Wait, which one's the 3rd? Doostin/Ollie?

Yes, more than stacked enough card with that & Moreno / Figgy 3 & Nunes / Pena in addition to whatever else will be on it.

Well, as annoying as Cejudo is, he deserves a whole lotta respect for actually wanting to fight Alexander.

I agree. Not a fan of his at all, but what he said here is actually commendable. Granted, it seems as if he's trying to stay relevant in a way, but it's still a respectable approach and more admirable than cherry picking a weak champ.

Let's not forget Cejudo called Usman "the true WW GOAT". I think we shouldn' take him too seriously.

One is on anybodys' top 3 GOAT list. The other has already been forgotten.

Back