Media Volk: I’m gonna teach Ilia a lesson

Only 10% had Topuria winning.
Now Volk gets caught with a headkick, which happened to GSP, Dustin, Vitor and a hundred others guys.
Now 50% have Topuria winning. Lol

Age and skill was factor before

I’d love for Volk to beat the living piss out of tuporia … but I’ll be betting tuporia to knock out Volk

Ill never be so happy to lose a bet if I’m wrong
No way you believe that. Ilia hasn’t beaten anyone that is top 5 has he. Unless Volk has cracked after the head kick ko. Volk is very good, I tend to favor him in striking vs anyone especially a boxer.

No way you believe that. Ilia hasn’t beaten anyone that is top 5 has he. Unless Volk has cracked after the head kick ko. Volk is very good, I tend to favor him in striking vs anyone especially a boxer.
He just lost a striking match to islam …. I’m gunna go out on a limb and say tuporia is faster and hits harder ….

We shall see

Don’t get me wrong …. I’d love for Volk to humble this guy!

Dude who volk is shorter than ilia thats first and second who cares about size when we are talking about life long wrestler/grappler and dude who was playing rugbby yes volks wrestling is strong against guys like yair
The height difference isn't a big deal here, Topuria is only like half an inch taller.
Reach would play more of a factor and Topuria's is 69" while Volk's is 71".

That being said, I'm favoring Topuria here.
Volk's 35 now, has a lot of mileage, coming off a brutal KO loss, put his body through the ringer changing divisions in the last year and Topuria is a legit threat for him.

That’s huge.

It just feels like illias time. Volk getting KO’d at this age and then coming back so soon just doesn’t sit right with me
He's having months off after the KO. Rugby League players only take 10 days off before playing after a knockout

volk after a mild career in rugby, 30 pro fights, age 35 and coming off a cold KO in a higher weight class. He will age over night before this fight.

When is this fight? Seems too soon, I think Volk will lose because of it.
Nah, February is a decent recovery time. 4 months aint bad for a guy that strong willed.

However, I’m not saying he’s shot(far from it), but his prime is over and it will show in this fight, and continue to deteriorate in future fights.

If Volk didn't age overnight or the Islam finish usher him even farther out of his prime, he's going to put a beating on Ilia. Volk is a better grappler, a better boxer and a masterful tactician who can alter his approach mid-fight. Topuria fights flat footed and throws a lot of wide, looping strikes. His cardio doesn't seem to be top tier. He's a smaller Featherweight. Can he win? Yes, it's a fight, he's talented and they wear four ounce gloves, but I expect Volk to win.
I'll bet your mod status for a cup of tea that Topuria catches Volk.

Last edited:
He didn’t earn the LW shot by beating contenders but he did earn it by being a dominant champ at FW setting himself up for super fight. The only reason Volk got the shot was because he’s so dominant and defended so many times
Beating people at a lower weight class shouldn't earn you anything in the higher weight classes. Weight classes exist for a reason and there is a reason why Volk is staying at 145.

He didn’t earn the LW shot by beating contenders but he did earn it by being a dominant champ at FW setting himself up for super fight. The only reason Volk got the shot was because he’s so dominant and defended so many times

It's insane that you had to state the blatantly obvious here.

Deflecting? I didn't know what he meant. If he's asking to be made a mod, please, lol.
He was asking to bet you a cup of tea for your mod status. We all know you gotta pay a special back door price to get the mod status, he just wants to achieve it through betting.

I think he should just beat him up.

Let Ilia go get his own lessons and pay someone else who doesn't have a conflict of interest.

No, I want Volk to teach him a lesson. On a blackboard with chalk. The subject will Home Economics.

Back