If Max beats Ilia, does GOAT FW rankings change?

Worse. Garry hasn't done very much and is nearly top 5. Burns is still #4. Colby never fights and loses a title shot when he does, he's #5. There's always a guy or two in the top ten that seems out of place but here it's almost half the top ten.
Jake elleneberger was 5th ranked 10 years ago but somehow it’s worse

March 17th, 2014

C Hendricks
1 Lawler
2 McDonald
3 Woodley
4 Condit
5 Ellenberger
6 Lombard
7 Brown
8 Maia
9 Saffiedine
10 Kim

Today

C Edwards
1 Usman
2 Muhammad
3 Rakhmanov
4 Burns
5 Covington
6 Garry
7 Neal
8 Thompson
9 Brady
10 Luque
11 JDM (honourable mention)

There is no way you think the top is better than the bottom

Nope but it just becomes more glaring when they do, aldo was declining before Conor but it was even more so after, but I wouldn’t say aldo was super out of his prime when he lost to Conor , but Conor was too scared to rematch him so we’lol never really know. Also the mendes Conor fought was on short notice.

aldo was not prime when he fought max or volk, neither was mendes when he fought volk , Frankie wasn’t prime either , cub wasn’t prime when fighting Ortega. I guess you haven’t been watching for awhile so I’ll forgive your ignorance, now I’m done with this conversation youngin’
Aldo fought mendes the second time and we saw what happened when he didn’t knee him out in the first round
Aldo had a better performance against frankie the second time than he did the first time

Aldo finished two top 10 opponents right before volk 30x27d him, then fought for the bantamweight title 2 fights later and made it very competitive

We've never seen a guy waiting in 2nd place, wait out the champ to retire/lose, then take over the division right after. Not saying Max can't do it, but he's had some wars and mileage especially compared to Topuria. I think we can cross the road when it comes, but it wouldn't be the first rock/paper/scissors in MMA, we used to have that at LHW. Probably whoever most recently won gets #1.

Hand sanitizer boy? Did Matt Hughes beating Matt Serra change anything on the all time list?
No. This is no different

I think it's his lack of losses as well.

He beat Max multiple times, even if you give Max the 2nd fight, he clearly lost the trilogy. Max took loss after loss before finding success, Volk immediately caught a stride and kept it going.

Volk has wins over a third of the top 15 GOAT featherweights list on fightmatrix, Max has 3 names from that same list.

Volk fights more well rounded as well making it harder to put Max above him considering how Max isn't one dimensional just prefers ro fight his fight even if it makes the fight closer where as Volk will gameplan for a clean sweep.

No, it's Aldo. He just did it early and probably sparred too hard and had some injuries and lost a step pretty early too, but he still had like 9 title defenses if you count WEC.

Aldo fought mendes the second time and we saw what happened when he didn’t knee him out in the first round
Aldo had a better performance against frankie the second time than he did the first time

Aldo finished two top 10 opponents right before volk 30x27d him, then fought for the bantamweight title 2 fights later and made it very competitive
Way to say a whole bunch of nothing.

No. Aldo will remain the FW GOAT, Max will still be 0-3 against Volk with less title fight wins and Conor/Ilia will be the bottom 2, having held the belt but never defended it.

Nope but it just becomes more glaring when they do, aldo was declining before Conor but it was even more so after, but I wouldn’t say aldo was super out of his prime when he lost to Conor , but Conor was too scared to rematch him so we’lol never really know. Also the mendes Conor fought was on short notice.

aldo was not prime when he fought max or volk, neither was mendes when he fought volk , Frankie wasn’t prime either , cub wasn’t prime when fighting Ortega. I guess you haven’t been watching for awhile so I’ll forgive your ignorance, now I’m done with this conversation youngin’
Aldo was 30 years old FW champion and the favourite to win when he fought Max. He lost because of his shitty cardio, against cardio machine Max. Nothing to do with prime.

Aldo was 32 and coming off 2 impressive stoppage wins over top10 opponents and the favourite to beat Volk. Nobody knew who Volk was at the time so everybody shrug it off as we was out of prime.

Mendes was 33 coming of an impressive 1R stoppage win over Myles Jury and the favourite to beat Volk.

Frankie was 6-1 in his last 7 with wins over Mendes, Yair, BJ, Oliviera, Cub, Stephens and Feber. He also won his next fight and was a favourite to beat Ortega.

Stop acting like they were senior citizens and everybody excepted them to lose. All of those guys were in their prime ages, competing at the highest level and expected to win. They were beat by better fighters, not age

Did you Photoshop those lmao. Nate Diaz has.never been the #7 ww. Askeen at #5 is equally laughable.
Diaz beat Pettis who beat Wonderboy.

Askren beat Lawler, who you know was like the UFC champ a couple of fights before that.

Maybe you should start watching fights instead of just shitposting here?

Diaz beat Pettis who beat Wonderboy.

Askren beat Lawler, who you know was like the UFC champ a couple of fights before that.

Maybe you should start watching fights instead of just shitposting here?
I know all of that. One fluke win over an out of prime Lawler sure as hell shouldn't make Askeen top 5 after a career of can crushing.

Diaz not even beating a ranked welter, but someone else that got a ranked ww win again in rather fluky fashion should make Diaz #7 ww?

Hey if you wanna believe that more power to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back