Media Volk: I’m gonna teach Ilia a lesson

seeing islam drive his shin through volk's head is hard to shake. i think ilia will do the same thing to him

I get what some of you are saying about ilia having faster hands than volk which is true and that the last fight ko loss could have an effect since it’s a relatively quick turn around. But don’t lose sight of the fact Volk grappling game is going to be on another level than ilia and his leg kick game to set up combos is at the top level. His fight iq and ability to adjust in fight is elite too and he had had msny title fights at both FW and LW now and fought the elite of the elite. Volk has to be favored in this fight for so many reasons from a logical standpoint.

It’s shocking how many people are out right picking Ilia to flatline Volk. I still think I’m leaning Volk but it’s close to 50-50. The only wildcard is whether he’s recovered by Feb.

If Volk didn't age overnight or the Islam finish usher him even farther out of his prime, he's going to put a beating on Ilia. Volk is a better grappler, a better boxer and a masterful tactician who can alter his approach mid-fight. Topuria fights flat footed and throws a lot of wide, looping strikes. His cardio doesn't seem to be top tier. He's a smaller Featherweight. Can he win? Yes, it's a fight, he's talented and they wear four ounce gloves, but I expect Volk to win.

as long as there's no immediate rematch after don't really care who wins but I think Ilia would be an exciting, fresh, fun to watch champion.

Volk seems a bit different since the KO, his vibe / energy looks a bit flat.

K.O. plus 35 is a bitch.

Unfortunately, I see Topuria taking him out, 4th round TKO.
Yeah, people picking Volk to win are underestimating how much of an effect that has on a guy his age, and also how quickly he is coming back after getting ktfo’d. Imo Volk has already started his downward slope, and Topuria will put a few nails in the coffin.

Bone to Dome shooketh Volk to a quick finish.

His head is like T-ball to men of normal height like Islam.

It's really not out of the realm of possibility. It's MMA FFS, we've seen so much weird shit in the past couple of years, like Strickland decisioning Izzy for example. Let's also not forget that Max arguably should have gotten the decision win in their second fight.

Anyway, I'm a huge Volk fan and have been backing him since the Mendez fight, but I can't shake the feeling that this might be it for him. He's getting up there in age and that head kick from Islam was vicious. I hope he proves me wrong because I can't stand Illia. Volk should definitely attack the legs since Illia seems to be heavy footed.
Adesanya isn’t anywhere as good as volk is, and max didn’t beat volk in their second fight

Back