Media Aspen Ladd's corner

In the context of it all its not that bad, he probably knows what works for her in regards to motivation. Some people thrive off that, others thrive of a more gentle caring approach.

He was honest throughout though, he didn't lie or exaggerate anything at any point. He does genuinely care and you can see it.

It's just WMMA, 90% of the fights are utter shite, they strike like they hit Pads and never spar, randomly jabbing at air from well out of range.

It's sub-par, bar room standard and should be treated as such until the skill level improves.

Throw them on TV on Tuesday nights and just show title fights on main cards (even those are often grotesque mismatches).

I'm in it for the mma, the giggles and the few good posters that you can have a decent conversation with. But that's just the truth of it: the mma demographic is not made up of too many deep thinkers.

dude stfu, that coach had every right to push his fighter to do something... HE DID NOTHING WRONG OR OUT OF LINE.

He's a terrible coach, that being said I'll be skipping all of her fights going forward because she'll always be the same fighter under his grasp.

Honestly, I thought this was the only entertaining part of the fight! thanks for the video TS!

I can PROMISE you, this coached scored some points with DW too, if DW saw this!

If this was a men's fight this would be a non-issue.

Coach/boyfriend I don't care, what he said was point on.

So many corners blow smoke all to often.

Still don't really get why anyone was upset with what he said or how he said it.

The bare minimum a coach can do is tell you if you won a round of not.

He was right everytime

Can't see what Tate was being so upset about. Standard fiery coach MO.
Aspen is such a babe but her coaches know her best. She probably only responds well to tough love.
Not even that fiery, just frustrated that the time spent in preparation for a fight has all been for her to get in there and do nothing.

Boyfriends/girlfriends don't make good coaches. He was acting like an overly emotional asshole giving her conflicting ideas, even bullying her by in your face shouting.

Interesting to see so many sherdoggers defending this, yet when it happens, the fighters that commentate almost universally don’t approve. It doesn’t have to be abuse to not be helpful.

More fighters need coaches to tell them straight up like that.

Wasn't Meisha the one that told her ex to coast because he was winning (in a fight the judges had him losing) lol.
There is one thing to tell it straight, another thing repeatedly shouting it and acting like a fathead over it when it's obvious it's not connecting with the fighter.

I can’t believe people think this is ok. This is the problem with basically every female fighter getting fucked by their coaches, the sexism is rampant. Context matters. This wasn’t just a coach, it was a boyfriend taking advantage of her most vulnerable situation to shit on her and ask her what she’s doing. She’s getting beat up asshole what do you think she’s doing? She knows how to fight and needed a change in mentality and this guy just dug in the negativity because he’s a jealous loser.

Back