News Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 3 In Boxing - San Paulo,Brazil - June 15th

Never saw this coming at all lol.

Anderson by quick TKO/KO

Useless fight.
Will still watch, though.
Hope Chael pulls it off somehow, for the lolz.

It's hard to believe in anything Chael is involved with. He's too friendly with Anderson now where as I could see him taking a dive or just sparring with him to make him look good in his final fight to put him over.

When he did that I can't think of an earlier case of open heel wwe like behavior. Innovative for the time.
I can accept this kind of stuff when it's an act. I used to be stupid and think he was real but after I opened my eyes I could see he was just a character the whole time. Same with Covington. Some other guys trying to trash talk though make it cringe and take it seriously. These days I miss the talk Chael had because it was funny. The post-Conor period of everybody forcing confrontation at press conferences was embarrassing.

As an Anderson fan I'm cringing at this. Why can so few fighters retire with dignity?
Because contrary to the narrative on the forums, fighters aren't only in fighting for the money. They spent years of their lives training from as early as childhood, some of them reaching higher levels of fame, and then they get old and have to come to terms with that life being over. Of course money is nice but there are some guys in there with true fighter spirit they can't just turn off so easily.

I'm here for all of it. Will watch post-fight highlights.

giphy.gif
Fists made of the finest goose down feathers.

Nobody wants to see this shit. If he was gonna box an old rival how about Vitor? Sonnen will fold just like Tito did.

Vitor did nothing in his fight against Silva but get KO'd. Sonnen actually dropped him.

Back