Wins that seem laughable now

HeDidn'tWantTheFight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking about fighters on the current roster who would get slaughtered by guys they've previously beaten if they were to get step in the octagon again today. And for the sake of eliminating fights between babies and vets in the middle of their prime (which would in turn be current guys in their prime versus washed old guys), I'll put a 7 year maximum age difference. Here are some of my favorites.

2013: Court McGee beat Robert Whittaker via SD
2014: Claudio Silva beat Leon Edwards via SD
2015: Warlley Alves beat Colby Covington via SUB
2016: Michael Johnson beat Dustin Poirier via KO

What do you guys got?

Michael Johnson is the biggest anomaly I swear.
Johnson has faced some murderers in his career.

Tony Ferguson, Danny Castillo, Miles Jury, Joe Lauzon, Gleison Tibau, Edson Barboza, Beneil Dariush, Nate Diaz, Dustin Poirier, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Justin Gaethje, Darren Elkins, Josh Emmet, Clay Guida and Thiago Moises.

Tony Ferguson, Danny Castillo, Miles Jury, Joe Lauzon, Gleison Tibau, Edson Barboza, Beneil Dariush, Nate Diaz, Dustin Poirier, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Justin Gaethje, Darren Elkins, Josh Emmet, Clay Guida and Thiago Moises.

and he kicked a lot of their asses too and came close to finishing gaethe

Stipe getting knocked out by Struve.

People chat about there was an eyepoke before, but Struve was winning that fight up to that point regardless. Stipe always has his chin straight up in the air so of course its easy for anyone to land flush on him, but what got me is Struve actually looked fluid in the striking in this fight and was putting some nice slick combo's together.

I'm talking about fighters on the current roster who would get slaughtered by guys they've previously beaten if they were to get step in the octagon again today. And for the sake of eliminating fights between babies and vets in the middle of their prime (which would in turn be current guys in their prime versus washed old guys), I'll put a 7 year maximum age difference. Here are some of my favorites.

What do you guys got?
Stipe Miocic would crush Struve, although Struve is retired.
ps: seems like someone beat me to it.

Johnson's record does not represent how good he is. Dude is an anomaly indeed... he should be a title contender..

What do you guys got?
Andre Arlovski vs Fabricio Werdum is an interesting example that has almost come full circle. The first time they fought, Arlovski was in his prime and Werdum was relatively unknown. I remember thinking, man Arlovski has fallen off. Why's he struggling with this unknown guy? Andre did end up getting that win. Later when Werdum was on top of the world, some saying he could be the greatest heavyweight of all time, and Andre was almost reduced to journeyman status, it seemed quite amazing that he'd actually beaten Werdum once.
Presently, while not quite coming full circle, its possible at least in my mind, that Andre may would once again be favored in a rematch.

Back