Social Kyle Rittenhouse updates

There’s soooooooo many posts in this thread saying he should get off scot free I’m not sure how it’s possible this went over your head.
I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You brought up gun laws not being enforced.

I pointed out that he is being charged for the gun law that he broke.

So what gun law do you want enforced that isn't being enforced?

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You brought up gun laws not being enforced.

I pointed out that he is being charged for the gun law that he broke.

So what gun law do you want enforced that isn't being enforced?

I didn’t bring up gun laws not being enforced. I brought up conservatives saying the ones on the books should be enforced more often and more strictly and then turning around when a conservative kid breaks one and saying he should walk scot free. It’s a double standard and it’s not complicated so not sure why you’re so confused.

But I guess the question is, what if this wasn't a partisan event? What of the people involved had zero partisan allegiances? What if race wasn't a factor (which it only is just barely, anyway, considering that all of the people involved were white)?

Let's say someone won an important football game, riots ensue, and the exact same stuff goes down?

Taking partisanship out of it, and looking at the facts alone, is this a case of self-defense, or isn't it?

What if the 17 year old is a left wing type, and the protesters and rioters are right wing types, and the same things happen? Is that self defense?

I feel like that's self defense regardless of politics. Based solely on what actually took place, I'm legitimately confused about how anyone thinks it isn't self defense, sans politics. I suspect that those people would change their view if the politics changed. (Just as I suspect a whole lot of people who currently see it as a clear case of self-defense would change their stance if the politics were reversed.)

Some of us aren't basing our opinion on any of that. We're basing it on what actually happened that night, as we understand it.

Your point that maybe someone should have had better tabs on him has some validity, I suppose, but I honestly don't see how it's particularly relevant. Are you telling me that when you were a 17 year old boy, the adults in your life knew where you were, and were able to control what you were up to, at all times? You're pretty rare if that's the case.

He was stupid and never should have been there. He's lucky he didn't end up dead. But he somehow managed to get out of a pretty dangerous situation alive. I don't understand why I'm supposed to feel mad about that. It's like being angry that a 17 year old kid who goes out riding hos motorcycle without his helmet makes it home alive. Sure, he shouldn't have done that. Of course, he should have been (theoretically) better supervised. But that doesn't mean I'm going to wish death on him.

What exactly are you guys wishing had happened to Rittenhouse at the hands of Rosenbaum and others who were attempting to assault him that night?
I'm not giving you a partisan opinion. This isn't some kid putting his own life in danger. He went to a dangerous situation with a deadly weapon in case he had to shoot someone. He apparently just snuck out without permission, armed himself without permission, and went to a protest where there was rioting.

Maybe if he had adult supervision and had stayed on private property to defend it I could support him but not going out among the crowd. As an adult if someone threatened you if they caught you alone would you then run off alone?

Here’s one I haven’t seen before

Not bad overall. More nuanced than I expected. I had to laugh at the idiot at the 19 min mark that says that kyle should have turned over his gun and shouldn’t have been running after the first shooting. Fuck you. And balsch or whatever his name is is a fat larper who claims a cop said they would push the protesters to him. I don’t believe him. And then, just for diversity sake, they keep interviewing a black woman who wasn’t even there and had nothing to add.

Lol, you can’t look at that scene Kyle drove himself to and not expect there is a high, high probability you will find trouble. That’s ridiculous.

Amazing that all the other armed people didn’t find trouble. It was only the armed guy that was attacked that used his weapon

I didn’t bring up gun laws not being enforced. I brought up conservatives saying the ones on the books should be enforced more often and more strictly and then turning around when a conservative kid breaks one and saying he should walk scot free. It’s a double standard and it’s not complicated so not sure why you’re so confused.
The shootings were self defense and he should walk on those charges.

If he is convicted of the weapons charge then I will have no issue with that. I haven't said otherwise.

I think that it is BS that he is being charged for carrying as a minor and then also charged as an adult for the shootings. But that is another matter.

I've got it time stamped (2:46) at a part where he is sarcastically making fun of the lib's obsession with state lines regarding this case. I thought that it was funny in the context of shit that has been said in this thread. Maybe I'm alone on that.

I was just posting it for the state line rant, nothing before or beyond that.

Yeah, I saw the “crossed state lines” girl. I thought you meant the whole video

You don't gather correctly.

The intent was to take images like this:

... and use them to claim that Obama (or whomever) was a secret racist... "for teh lols" in 4chan parlance.

That's it. That's all it was. That's the whole "hoax."

And now people who are not even in on the hoax take any picture of anyone they dislike giving the okay sign, and claim they're racist... strengthening the hoax.

And YES then you have people on the right stoking the flames further by flashing the hand sign, because that brings teh lols, as well. And I suppose that's where your criticism maybe seems to have some merit.

Except here's the thing about secret hand signals: They're virtually worthless if they're ubiquitous. How in hell are you supposed to know the difference between Obama et al giving an Okay sign and some KKK Grand Wizard secretly signaling his KKK brethren? How are the KKK brethren supposed to know the difference? How does that even function as a secret signal to anything if it's everywhere? And that's where your critique falls apart again.

It's all very Pynchonesque.

the-crying-of-lot-49-banner.jpg

Haha, that's horse shit and you know it. The kid and the bikers were not trying to say "everything okay" by flashing that hand gesture like that. You are being disingenuous.

They were either showing a white supremacy sign or pretending to do it. It may seem cleaver and cute to people like you but for most of us it's pretty gross behavior.

I'm not giving you a partisan opinion. This isn't some kid putting his own life in danger. He went to a dangerous situation with a deadly weapon in case he had to shoot someone. He apparently just snuck out without permission, armed himself without permission, and went to a protest where there was rioting.

Maybe if he had adult supervision and had stayed on private property to defend it I could support him but not going out among the crowd. As an adult if someone threatened you if they caught you alone would you then run off alone?
your opinion is worthless cause you are a idiot

That’s because every thug that gets arrested for gun and murder charges has a shitload of other gun charges and they keep getting out and shoot someone else and they want to punish all gun owners for the crimes of criminals. I am fine with Kyle getting charged and eventually convicted of the gun charge but he was 100% correct to use the force that he did in each situation.

Amazing that all the other armed people didn’t find trouble. It was only the armed guy that was attacked that used his weapon

Grosskreutz was armed with a handgun and got shot so yeah, you’re clearly wrong here.

In the context of illegally carrying into a riot where you know the probability of encountering physical altercations is extremely high and then using said illegal weapon to shoot your way out should carry more than a fine. We will see what Kyle’s fate is.

Should does not mean does.

As it is, carrying the weapon is at worst a misdemeanor with a fine attached to it. As has been said ad nauseum, even if carrying an illegal weapon you can use it in self defense so long as your actions are justified and it carries no added penalty.

This is what the law says. If youy want to argue to change it, go for it. But as it stands, Kyle is on the hook for at worst a misdemeanor, and a highly debatable one at that.

He's a minor that armed himself and went there without permission apparently. It might just be a misdemeanor but he should never have been there. Maybe he just wanted to help but by arming himself it shows he knew it was a dangerous situation and he was willing to go there even if it meant he had to shoot someone.

Agree on all counts. Still, the only law broken is a misdemeanor.

Grosskreutz was armed with a handgun and got shot so yeah, you’re clearly wrong here.

LOL. Seriously? He got shot because he was pointing his weapon at someone.

You could argue his action were justified considering he didnt know how the events transpired. However, on his own camera phone he asked Kyle what he was doing and Kyle responded "Im going to the police", so it makes said argument a bit harder to accept.

You’re correct. That’s the second time that has happened to me since yesterday. I meant that post for someone else. It was meant for Laoish or whatever his name is.

I came around the first night of this thread.

Should does not mean does.

As it is, carrying the weapon is at worst a misdemeanor with a fine attached to it. As has been said ad nauseum, even if carrying an illegal weapon you can use it in self defense so long as your actions are justified and it carries no added penalty.

This is what the law says. If youy want to argue to change it, go for it. But as it stands, Kyle is on the hook for at worst a misdemeanor, and a highly debatable one at that.
How is it debatable? It was illegally purchased and he was underage.

I don’t blame him for the self defense part but I do blame him for apparently illegally carrying a firearm into what he and everyone else knew was an incredibly contentious riot. It’s like illegally carrying some weapon into a metal concert and then going into a mosh pit and tazing someone for knocking you over. What the fuck did you think would happen…

Certainly not the smartest thing the kid ever did, but at that age you assume the sight of a gun is the deterrent; which it is in most cases.

Back