Khamzat SMESH Everyone MEGATHREAD.

Is Khamzat Chimeav legit or still hype?

• Total voters
Burns is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA rn. He should have a loss to Kunchenko and has only beaten up on shot fossils (TWood, Demian both had 1-2 more fights after before retiring) and now Wonderman who's on his way out.

Khamzat would annihilate him everywhere
What? His win over WB was super impressive. What proof do you have that WB is on his way out?

Gil beat Woodley after he just lost his belt. I believe Woodley was ranked #1 at the time. It's not a win that aged well but it was great at the time.

Gil is a bad dude at 170. If there's anyone who's overrated it's Colby.

How many Glover’s do you need to understand, that fighters don’t magically turn to shit once they hit 35?

Also Leech is a very athletic guy

At WW 35 is getting old..

I like Leech as a guy, but anyone who's seen his fights prior to Ponzi knew that he wasn't anything special, or a top ten talent at WW.. he is strong for his size, but he got controlled in the clinch by a less muscular Magny..

Just before everyone says Gaethje is a legit wreslter.. His game doesn't exactly rely on his wrestling. He's a bit like Romero on that department, and Romero has been taken down often..

The only wrestler Khabib faced was Tibau and he arguably lost (maybe a draw)

Fortunately Chimaev won't have favorable matchups for long.. Here come Colby, Usman, Burns... This gonna be good
<YeahOKJen>

Seeing a lot of people mention Trujillo, but he wasn't really a wrestler so much as someone who came from college wrestling. He was primarily a striker in the UFC and would get outgrappled fairly easily.

As a longtime Khabib fan I think it's totally fair to say he hasn't faced someone "known" for high level MMA grappling. He's dominated competent grapplers, but nothing close to a comparison of Usman or Colby. I still think he'd win tougher grappling matchups but it's not an unfair take.
aheeemm

Tbh this isn't a champs fault the UFC discourages wrestlers from getting near the top. If another grappler like Khabib got to the top of a division(not named WW)they likely wouldn't end up facing a real peer. But in this case while I thought Kevin Lee would pose Khabib problems he was just too inconsistant wasn't even really UFCs fault. But yeah even with Tony the idea of a big guy who could stuff TD's was a unique challenge for Khbaib and it's a shame we never got to see him tested in that way.

Jones never fought a big wrestler with the skill of DC. Gus a wrestling novice managed to take Jones by surprise and get a take down. I always wanted to see Davis and then Corey fight him and that sort of fighter seldom gets title oppurtunities in the UFC. They want the most exciting fighters and in the case of Khabib and Jones these are fighters who offer them no new challenge who they know how to easily beat.

Sorry but can't read beyond TS' not - so - veiled attempt at denigrating a certain retired MMA fighter's career, while supposedly talking about Khamzat.
Poor Khamzat, he's become a prop for insecure Shermanos

At WW 35 is getting old..

I like Leech as a guy, but anyone who's seen his fights prior to Ponzi knew that he wasn't anything special, or a top ten talent at WW.. he is strong for his size, but he got controlled in the clinch by a less muscular Magny..
This age thing is over exaggerated on Sherdog. Most of top WW’s right now are around 35.

Wonderboy 38
Masvidal will be 37 in 10 days
Burns 35
Usman 34
Magny 34
Colby 33
Chiesa will be 34 in less than a month

Athleticism doesn’t necessarily win grappling exchanges. Ngannou is more athletic then Stipe, yet Stipe dominated him in their first fight

Yah, that is sick! He does that move alot. He is not some wrestler like Big Rigg or Brock who just tried to power thru you, he is technical, athletic and crafty as hell. I guess his style comes from when he started wrestling he was 39 pounds and would take on guy that were 55 pounds, so he had to figure out ways to over come their size and strength advantages. This is also who why he got more dominant in wrestling the more weight he started to go up, as he relied on superior technique and speed above size, and I think we will see this in MMA too. Watch him get the MW and LHW strap easier than he did from Usman.

Khamzat is the Roy Jones Junior and Sadulaev of MMA.
You sure you're not talking about Hasbullah here, Shermano?

Dan Henderson WAS a good wrestler......that was 20 years ago, and he forgot how to wrestle as he fell in love with his hands. The same goes for lots of other top wrestlers, like Tyrone Woodley. Justin falls in this category too.

I am not sure anyone is saying Khabib ducked a top wrestler, but he still did not really face one. Islam, Kevin Lee, Chandler and Gregor were the best in his division but those fights never materialized for a number of reasons. Some people do feel he ducked Usman tho, as his Dad's plan was for him to get two belts but he only wanted to fight at a higher weight if it was GSP at catchweight after his Dad died.
I'm sure that doesn't include you, son

This age thing is over exaggerated on Sherdog. Most of top WW’s right now are around 35.

Wonderboy 38
Masvidal will be 37 in 10 days
Burns 35
Usman 34
Magny 34
Colby 33
Chiesa will be 34 in less than a month

Athleticism doesn’t necessarily win grappling exchanges. Ngannou is more athletic then Stipe, yet Stipe dominated him in their first fight

Ok, you're right.. but Leech isn't an unusually good athlete.. he's a strong guy..

Just before everyone says Gaethje is a legit wreslter.. His game doesn't exactly rely on his wrestling. He's a bit like Romero on that department, and Romero has been taken down often..

The only wrestler Khabib faced was Tibau and he arguably lost (maybe a draw)

Fortunately Chimaev won't have favorable matchups for long.. Here come Colby, Usman, Burns... This gonna be good
I want Khabib to beat Sadulaev in Wrestling.

CooperativePlasticAlligator-size_restricted.gif

it's impressive, but not exactly unprecedented. we've had people show up and cause a big stir in divisions before.

khamzat can run through burns and i'd still consider usman to be a heavy favorite.

If Khamzat were to run through Burns, he’d most likely be the betting favourite over Usman.

Back