Khamzat SMESH Everyone MEGATHREAD.

Is Khamzat Chimeav legit or still hype?

• Total voters
I agree.

It looks like @Noraaq thinks Khabib would come out of retirement for this ''Khabib wannabe'' Khamzat who still didn't even win a belt yet.

After Islam wining the LW belt, and if Khamzat dethrones Usman, then a super fight at WW can happen between Islam and Khamzat, but not with Khabib, still but we don't even know how long Khamzat can stay at WW when he is already struggling to make weight for 170 lbs, he is simply a middleweight.
Khabib is way too scared to fight at 170, there's no way he puts his oh so valuable 'perfect record' on the line against such a monster

He's not coming back

Khamzat kills him anyway

Khabib is way too scared to fight at 170, there's no way he puts his oh so valuable 'perfect record' on the line against such a monster

He's not coming back

Khamzat kills him anyway
Like Khamzat is scared to fight Luke Rockhold?

There are weight classes for a reason and you can't say a fighter is ''scared'' just because they don't move up. Then Khamzat is scared more than anyone else when it comes to fighting Rockhold.

We literally see Khamzat declining a fight with Rockhold, and Khamzat already fought at middleweight in UFC, while Khabib never fought at welterweight in UFC.

Of course Khabib is not coming back, that was the point of the post if you could read. Why bring a guy like Khamzat, who is a ''Khabib wannabe'', to think Khabib would fight him? Nonsense. Khabib would fight GSP if he really considered that, not ''Khabib wannabe'' Khamzat, who didn't even won a belt yet.

This thread is really interesting, lotta good back & fourth going on

Khamzats legit, but I dunno know if hes Jones level talent.

But statistically speaking, hes dominated fighters unlike anything ive ever seen.

Dana better give him a top 10 or top 5 fighter next

And it better not be nate diaz

Wonder boy or Burns would be a crazy test

Like Khamzat is scared to fight Luke Rockhold?

There are weight classes for a reason and you can't say a fighter is ''scared'' just because they don't move up. Then Khamzat is scared more than anyone else when it comes to fighting Rockhold.

We literally see Khamzat declining a fight with Rockhold, and Khamzat already fought at middleweight in UFC, while Khabib never fought at welterweight in UFC.

Of course Khabib is not coming back, that was the point of the post if you could read. Why bring a guy like Khamzat, who is a ''Khabib wannabe'', to think Khabib would fight him? Nonsense. Khabib would fight GSP if he really considered that, not ''Khabib wannabe'' Khamzat, who didn't even won a belt yet.
Khamzat knocks out Rockhold too

So somehow Chandler is this elite LW even though he's 1-1 in the UFC?

As far as Gaethje goes, his wins are over Cowboy, Johnson, Barboza, Vick, and Ferguson and all those wins aged poorly except for Barboza maybe. Poirier, like Gaethje, mainly gets stand up guys to fight against. Both guys were only tested recently against grapplers when they fought Khabib and they got steamrolled but somehow I'm supposed to believe they're a level above Islam?

Regardless of what you think Islam is a top contender in the division, he's got a much better claim to that than Chandler for G-d's sake. I have to look beyond the numbers? I am, I'm watching the fights and basing my opinions off the techniques I see there and not the fake rankings.

So let me explain something to you. Michael Chandler has fought before the UFC, you do understand that, yes?? And he's done quite well picking him some top wins and titles along the way. And he managed to KO Danny Hooker inside 2 mins? Not to mention nearly finished Olivera. So yes, Michael Chandler is an elite level LW cause he's proven that with his record, his wins and performances. So him being 1-1 has nothing to do with anything here, it's the past 10 years he's fought.

It's a style match up that I look at and not mma math. First of all, Justin Gaethje gave Khabib big problems. Not only did he hurt him during the fight, he won the first round against him. Poirier also did quite well in the fight and nearly choked out Khabib. What you have to understand is that Khabib won those fights with pressure and they way he fights. He was in their face the whole fight to apply his grappling. Not only did that allow him to eventually get the fight down, but also throw of their placement of strikes. The difference is that Islam doesn't fight with that kind of pressure, he's far more composed and uses striking to set up his takedowns. If that constant pressure isn't there, I see Gaethje and Poirier having more than enough to time to set up their strikes and knock him out.

I really don't care who's got more claim to being a top contender between Chandler and Islam. But what I can tell is that I think Chandler beats him in a fight.

So once again, for a 3rd or 4th time so you can get it through your head. I like Islam, I think he's a top level LW and among the best 6 at LWs right now. Islam hasn't beat the best guys, but I can see he's got the skills to be top 5. But I think he loses to the names I mentioned. And until he beats some of them, I just don't see him being champion or the top 3. And I think he loses to Dariush as well to be honest. I am sorry but I just don't believe in the guy yet.

That's the way I see it. There is no debate about it. I see it one way and you see it the other.

He just smashed a top10 fighter in Li in 1 minute. I say give him Cheesa next.

THats why I think he should have picked the easier road to a title- Izzy,

Khamzat doesnt mind, he fights all the weights too.

Yeah that Li win was fantastic, first win to actually back some of the hype around him. Chiesa would be a perfect opponent.

Shalorus was a wrestling olympian hopeful.
......he placed 8th......but.....in the Great Britain wrestling qualifier tho. 8th in Great Britain is like 30th place on the JV squad for the local Dagestan high school, or is like a bench warmer for a D3 junior college in Iowa. Many of these lower level Caucus/Iranian guys look to go to countries that have weak wrestling programs so they can get sponsored and make a life for themselves. Khamzat went to Sweden, which has a very good wrestling program, won the national title 3x, smoked a few Olympians and went a perfect 23-0. He finished 3rd in all of Russia as a teenager, but he got alot better after he left Russia and was able to dedicate all his energy to wrestling. You see this where he gave up points in early to mid 2015, then starting 2016 he did not even let a point be scored against him and even went up in weight as high as 203 pounds.

Different countries also have different wrestling systems, and some translate better to MMA. There are alot of great Iranian and Cuban wrestlers, but there style is not as conducive to MMA as American collegiate folk style or that Caucus system of freestyle. It is kind of like how Izzy and Cro Cop had styles of kick boxing which worked well for MMA, but then guys like Saki or Schilt did not.

This thread is really interesting, lotta good back & fourth going on

Khamzats legit, but I dunno know if hes Jones level talent.

But statistically speaking, hes dominated fighters unlike anything ive ever seen.

Dana better give him a top 10 or top 5 fighter next

And it better not be nate diaz

Wonder boy or Burns would be a crazy test

Jones wasn't Jones level talent without PED's. Khamzat could definitely be better. Time will tell.

OK White belt, I understand that you're new to this and are going along with the hype but Khamzat hasn't beaten anybody in the top5 yet. Nate vs Khamzat would be a great fight
I don't think Nate has a route to a win. I think Khamzat is stronger, faster, better on his feet, and better on the ground. I believe Nate would get rag dolled, then G n P'd to oblivion. Leon made Nate look like an amateur.

Was a bit sceptical, but then he called out both Paul brothers on the same night.

I don't think Nate has a route to a win. I think Khamzat is stronger, faster, better on his feet, and better on the ground. I believe Nate would get rag dolled, then G n P'd to oblivion. Leon made Nate look like an amateur.
Nate is a very solid black belt so he has more weapons on the ground than any of his previous opponents. Nate's striking is also better than any of his previous opponents. I'm not saying Nate will win but he has ways to win. It's a fight that makes sense

He's for real. Chimaev has more wins in the UFC than he's been hit. These stats are absolutely insane!

rT0EWoa.png

I6gPNOL.png

qyWIUc4.png

AbzSLfc.png

http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/767755fd74662dbf

Agree. ESPN actually did a summary of his stats in the UFC today (they even see the potential this guy possesses). It's scary. He's got the kind of hype Jones and Cain had coming into the UFC as prospects, except he is destroying opponents on a level we have never seen. He's still pretty young, he's super confident in his ability, and he is super talented. He also has a mic game, if you've watched any of his post fights pressers or interviews. He's already getting millions of hits on various platforms. He's going to become a huge star. I am really interested in seeing how high his ceiling is, and I'm on the train with this guy, something I don't usually do with a prospect. I'm usually a "let's wait and see" kind of fan, but in this case, we can see it now. Dude will have a nice career.
Agreed! Not sure if you're seen this piece on him from BT Sport, prior to his last fight. Well worth a watch anyway!

So who is he fight next? And will it be in December? It seems unlikely now though.

Back