Rumored M-Chan wants Conor in 2022. Who wins?

Who takes it?

• Total voters
Surprising response by Conor. I expected something more savage.

Wrong. Poirier has a heavy back, heavy shoulders, heavy arms. Each punch is with way more authority than a Diaz punch.

He cracked Holloway and had him wobbling. He cracked Gaethje and put him down.

While it's true Poirier is willing to let his hands go, once he feels he's hurt someone, each of his punches carries a lot more authority than each of Diaz' punches.
I will agree he hits harder than the diaz brothers. But to say his punches don't add the fuck up with a series well placed counter lead hooks, stance switches to get his head off center line and using a savvy half shell/lead elbow to defend and counter is also wrong.

I will agree he hits harder than the diaz brothers. But to say his punches don't add the fuck up with a series well placed counter lead hooks, stance switches to get his head off center line and using a savvy half shell/lead elbow to defend and counter is also wrong.

Whose?

We were talking about Poirier and Nate Diaz, and you spoke about Poirier and "the Diaz brothers," and then you say his. Whose?

Learn to write correctly, and only use indefinite pronouns when it's unmistakable to whom they refer.

Chandler will win this.
Conor is far more skilled than Chandler.
But Conor has never fought someone who is faster than him. Conor defense is not that great and he is nowhere near the level he was before. He is flatfooted now.
Not seeing how Conor is more skilled when Chandler has much better wrestling and BJJ.

They both gas past the early goings, then Conor's technique takes over. While Chandler is good at entering the pocket he's mostly a power puncher, so when the power goes Conor won't be in a lot of danger and his skill takes over.
Conor gasses more than Chandler does by far, and Chandler retains more of his punching power when tired than Conor does too.

Conor gasses more than Chandler does by far, and Chandler retains more of his punching power when tired than Conor does too.

I don't think either will score a KO when they fade. Chandler didn't have a shot to win in the 3rd round. Conor outpointed Nate in the 4th round of their fight.

I agree, he's like a bigger, stronger, harder hitting Mendez…and Connor is no longer in his prime were at his best weight.

PS: How do I make a poll? I tried to, but didn't see where I could do so.

Thanks to whomever made this a poll :D

The Old connor would probaly win but he is dead and gone . New Connor would loose bad

The guy who was extremely competitive with top 3 Oliveira and Gaethje + who has a top 10 win in the past year

vs

A guy coming fresh off career-ending injury

Gee this one is hard

At this point Conor loses every way, to include losing in the game of juvenile twitter barbs, which is the only thing he competes at currently

I don't think either will score a KO when they fade. Chandler didn't have a shot to win in the 3rd round. Conor outpointed Nate in the 4th round of their fight.
Not sure what fight you are talking about or if you used the past tense by mistake. Chandler looked like he was ahead in round 3 of his last fight in the first 2 minutes before the takedown. Chandler has finished a fight in the championship rounds, Conor hasn't.

Not sure what fight you are talking about or if you used the past tense by mistake. Chandler looked like he was ahead in round 3 of his last fight in the first 2 minutes before the takedown. Chandler has finished a fight in the championship rounds, Conor hasn't.

The showboating in the other thread. No chance to win the 3rd past the early goings.

The showboating in the other thread. No chance to win the 3rd past the early goings.
He was ahead in round 3 till about the halfway point when he went for a takedown and slammed his own head on the ground.

He was ahead in round 3 till about the halfway point when he went for a takedown and slammed his own head on the ground.

Could be. He was gassed going in to the round, though. Gaethje looked fresh.

Could be. He was gassed going in to the round, though. Gaethje looked fresh.
I don't think he was gassed in round 3. He did slow down in round 2 though likely so he could go hard in round 3 again. His pace looked good and he didn't look tired till he slammed his head into the ground. It was kind of hard to tell live that he hit his head on the takedown but it was bad and swung the momentum to Gaethje.

I don't think he was gassed in round 3. His pace looked good and he didn't look tired till he slammed his head into the ground.

I think he gassed in the first round. By the end of the round the KO threat was lower, punches lost sting. Gaethje weirdly stepped off the pedal in the 3rd. Maybe because Wittman told his fighters their opponents should come to them, to counter. But he was fresh late in the fight and basically stared at Chandler. I believe Gaethje could've finished him the way the fight was shifting.

I think he gassed in the first round. By the end of the round the KO threat was lower, punches lost sting. Gaethje weirdly stepped off the pedal in the 3rd. Maybe because Wittman told his fighters their opponents should come to them, to counter. But he was fresh late in the fight and basically stared at Chandler.
I wouldn't say Chandler gassed in round 1 or 3, round 2 was the round he slowed down a lot. Round 1 was a very high pace as was round 3 till the slam then Chandler's pace immediately slowed a lot so it looked to me like the reason he slowed in round 3 was due to him hitting his head. He definitely slowed a lot in round 2 probably so he could pace himself and could have a chance of winning round 3.

Anyway, I don't see Conor being able to fight at that pace even if he slowed down in the second round and fought at the same pace Chandler did in round 1 and 3. Conor's power also seems to fade faster than Chandler's. I can't see Conor winning a fight with Chandler or Gaethje unless he gets a finish in round 1 or the first half of round 2.

Back