PBP UFC Fight Night 197: Holloway vs. Rodriguez - Official PBP Discussion: 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright chimp just give my dick a rest please.
that's all you have, insults? LOL I've accomplished more in life than you and I don't need to trade insults. I guarantee that. So call me what you want but to trade insults just shows you are a low achiever in life.

Really want to back the real Mexican, but Max been my dude, ride or die! Blessed express till the wheels fall off!

I'm the best!!

81601-2567536.png

Been looking forward to see Yair back into the octagon, now zabit where u at?

It's worse from a competitive and from a fan's perspective, but it's obviously more reasonable.
This old style of refing you describe, merely checking if someone's still alive and conscious is a guarantee for higher rates of CTE.
It's also plainly not what intelligent defense actually means, there was essentially a disconnect between written rules and their interpretation, where refs just replaced the key phrase in the rules by something entirely different, namely "intelligent defense" with "any defense whatsoever".

I cannot disagree with any of that. Most all stoppages in the old days were pretty much knockouts as opposed to TKOs; the ref wouldn't stop it until the light went out of the fighter's eyes. Obviously not the best for a fighter's health.

The downside is you get many more wishy-washy and questionable stoppages these days.

So this fight has to be for next title shot, right? Obviously a win over Max is massive so should net Yair a shot. I know Max lost twice to Volk but he’s showing he’s clearly the best guy and both fights were competitive. No other clear contender. A rare case where a third fight would be warranted imo.

Herb is a name ref. He's paid by the ACs 99% of the time. I'm not buying into a conspiracy theory. I'm buying into him being bad and the ACs, due to the acceptance of boxing showing a high level of judging and reffing incompetence, accepting this as a okay. It isn't. At all.

The UFC supplies the AC with a small list of refs they want to work the show. The AC only decides which refs work which fight. With as many mistakes Herb has made over the years and he's still working shows for the UFC something smells rotten. Not even Steve Mazzagatti made as many terrible decisions as Herb "QUICK STOPPAGE" Dean has made over and over and over again. Yet UFC had Steve Mazzagatti fired and they still hold onto Herb Dean. Yes its all due to the "Quick Stoppage" and ignoring the punches to the back of the head of Fedor when he fought Henderson. Anyone that knows Dana White knows he would do anything for Fedor to lose. Hell Dana was so fucking pissed off people were asking him about Fedor before Fedor fought Johnson. He was even more pissed off that Fedor won that fight.

So YES Herb Dean has a permanent job working fights for the UFC all due to his "Quick Stoppage" and not seeing the illegal shots to the back of the head in the Fedor vs Henderson fight.

A bunch of folks seem to hate on Jair, he seems like a pretty chill dude to me... and he's got a pretty sick HL reel...

Max is an all time favorite though, I just hope the fight delivers on the mountain of potential it was built on.

Max is the blackest hawaiian to grace the UFC

that's all you have, insults? LOL I've accomplished more in life than you and I don't need to trade insults. I guarantee that. So call me what you want but to trade insults just shows you are a low achiever in life.
Go pussy you quoted a joke and got sensitive. Stop with the essays I'm not reading them bitch. Fuck you and have a good day.

"I'm a Pantera's box you do not wanna open."

If Max wants the easiest win he should just yell 'Zabit!' and watch as Yair flees the Octagon in terror.

Back