Media Al Iaquinta Appears to Retire on Call Me Al Podcast

He retired 2 years ago. The Green fight was just him collecting a check

Dude should still bang !!

Oh well this one didn't go your way ...you could still kick Kevin Lee's ass <Lmaoo>

Shit take them easy checks for another 5 years

It seems Al Iaquinta has either retired or is on the absolute verge of retirement on his Call Me Al Podcast.

Al has questioned his ability to compete due to injuries, due to the sheer hunger of the young fighters, and his focus on real estate. It's important to note that I hadn't heard Al actually call it a day, but he has come very, very close.

He seems to be of the opinion that, realistically, on the money he's on, there's not much point in having another fight.

If he does call it quits, huge respect to this man.

how often has a fighter =talked about life after fighting an it go back when they might keep fighting.

Old move. He isn’t getting rich o mma. He is on the downhill,of his career. Why get beat up for modest money? He is not far from Being cut from ufc and unless bellator wants to pay him for his name recognition, he doesn’t have a lot of dollars in fighting.

The game's rapidly passing a lot of these guys who were roster staples just a few years ago by.

Als one of the most misused fighters on the roster he deserves more respect

It seems Al Iaquinta has either retired or is on the absolute verge of retirement on his Call Me Al Podcast.

Al has questioned his ability to compete due to injuries, due to the sheer hunger of the young fighters, and his focus on real estate. It's important to note that I hadn't heard Al actually call it a day, but he has come very, very close.

He seems to be of the opinion that, realistically, on the money he's on, there's not much point in having another fight.

Always loved Al. Raging realtor all day!

Makes sense. I think his motivation and commitment to prepping for fights was low even when he fought Cerrone and Hooker - that would explain why he didn't perform as well as he did in his rematch with Fighter Kevin Lee
I think he'd do well if he only fights Kevin Lee from hereon out

No surprises at all, he's mentioned it in the past, was out for donkeys years and got smashed by Green in his return. Under-rated fighter in his prime / when he really wanted it, but he also seems to have other irons in the fire so I'm sure he'll be fine.

It's sad to see a guy sacrifice so much and then give so much to a sport at such a high level and then have to retire on a podcast instead of in front of the fans.

Would be perfect decision imo, he looked like a guy that the game has passed by in his last fight

Yeah seemed off in last fight, probably just half assed it and payed the price. You gotta be all in mma or your gonna get you ass hurt badly.

Al never lived up to his potential he should have had a better career

Makes sense. I think his motivation and commitment to prepping for fights was low even when he fought Cerrone and Hooker - that would explain why he didn't perform as well as he did in his rematch with Fighter Kevin Lee
Or maybe because Fighter Kevin Lee fucking sucks.

Good for Al if he calls it a career. I profited of Green beating him and I thought it was obvious Iaquinta was on the end of his career. He looked terrible vs Cerrone and Hooker.

Back