Media Al Iaquinta Appears to Retire on Call Me Al Podcast

Or maybe because Fighter Kevin Lee fucking sucks.

Good for Al if he calls it a career. I profited of Green beating him and I thought it was obvious Iaquinta was on the end of his career. He looked terrible vs Cerrone and Hooker.

He was competitive against Oliveira not that long ago, and KO'd Gillespie in his fight prior to that

Sad to hear but it hasn't seemed like his heart has been in it since his last couple losses

He was competitive against Oliveira not that long ago, and KO'd Gillespie in his fight prior to that
Not saying his win over Gillespie was a fluke but I won't bet on Lee in a rematch and I don't rate Gegor very high.

And Oliveira won the first 2 rounds in all judges scorecards and was beating Kevin. It wasn't a beatdown but Charles was having zero issues.

Not saying his win over Gillespie was a fluke but I won't bet on Lee in a rematch and I don't rate Gegor very high.

And Oliveira won the first 2 rounds in all judges scorecards and was beating Kevin. It wasn't a beatdown but Charles was having zero issues.

Yeah he won on all judges scorecards but rounds 1 and 2 were close, like I said it was "competitive"

Yeah he won on all judges scorecards but rounds 1 and 2 were close, like I said it was "competitive"
Oliveira didn't blew Lee out of the water but he was easily winning.

Also Lee is a frontrunner. Is just normal that he would be better in the first rounds.. which he won none.

He is like a shittiest LW version of Chris Weidman.

if you were known for being really tough, and gave bobby green his first finish by strikes in over a decade then yeah, for sure retire.

Conor gave up in lots of fights he's still walking around giving it the big one. Get back on the horse al!

With his temper and nickname, I always wanted to see him get his shit kicked in a fight, have a gigantic meltdown in the last round, and get an epic come from behind ko. Alas, nothing like that ever materialized

The way he's so calm about it makes it so much more brutal cause you're usually in the calm accepting phase after emotions, so he's been through it and this is him accepting reality.

I will say, though, I think I sense what else he's getting at when he commented on the preparedness and, yeah, he's had injuries that prohibit him from feeling confident in going through wars, but also - UFC did do him dirty by just slapping him on the card and announcing he'll be on it without even contacting him first.

What camp could he have possibly put together for this? And UFC know this. So it seems like they just wanted to get rid of him anyway and this is probably for the better. Go where you're invited.

That said, I kinda doubt he's made enough money to retire comfortably and it sucks he didn't quite hit his potential. I don't think he even got near. But it's what it's. Fun body of work it will be to revisit. Thanks for the memories, Al. Have an awesome next chapter of your life.

Pretty refreshing to hear a fighter be so candid about losing the fire. Probably best he does step away if that's the case. He'll always be the guy who fought the best in the world on less than a week's notice and made it 25 minutes. Mad respect to Ragin' Al.

Good for al. Will make more money and be happier out of the sport if he’s halfway in.

the small portions I’ve seen of his podcast are really bad. Is anybody a fan of his podcast?

Raging al stood up to bitch Dana. Respect.

Back