Why is Frank Mir pursuing a boxing career other than MMA? Is it money?

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I ask because Mir was more of a grabble/submission guy

I could see someone like JDS or Mark Hunt pursuing boxing after MMA, but Mir was not exactly a top HW striker

If hes looking for money fights, couldnt he get some "legends" fights in MMA like Rixin or Bellator, maybe against Big Nog or Brock again, or maybe Rampage Jackson, Fedor, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson

Or does he make more money on these cash grab boxing events?

How does he get more money in boxing?

Mir was not exactly a big draw as a striker?

Wouldnt fans rather pay to watch MIr in MMA than Boxing?

Because he’s no longer considered a title contender he needs a gimmick to promote his fights. This is why a lot of guys get into these freak show type fights. The thing that bothers me is that all of these freak show fights should be under mma rules. The whole premise of mma was to have multiple disciplines competing against each other. The UFC doesn’t want to make these types of matches much and smaller mma orgs can’t seem to make money off them, I assume because UFC competes with them and makes it difficult for them to be successful but leaves boxing alone.

Reactions: G10
He is pursuing paydays, not a boxing career, im not sure but i think he got there as a replacement fight probably cause he did ok in his previous fight but the gap here was too much against a not that washed up fighter, he fought Joshua a year ago...Mir is probably done now.

I think Mir will try it one more time. It's not the first time we seen him wobbly like this. He does that in MMA too.

i suspect that after making six figures a fight for 15 years its incredibly tough to accept its time to move on and get a regular person job.
hats off to Mir for getting in there but the way these past their prime fighters are getting lured in to fights they shouldn't accept. it feels no different bumfights just at a larger scale.

who is he gonna fight in MMA and have a hope of beating or at least not getting mauled? no offense to the man but "Should a Frank Mir be allowed fight " should be a disqualifying question for sanctioning bodies for either sport same with Hollyfield...

i suspect that after making six figures a fight for 15 years its incredibly tough to accept its time to move on and get a regular person job.
hats off to Mir for getting in there but the way these past their prime fighters are getting lured in to fights they shouldn't accept. it feels no different bumfights just at a larger scale.

He was really good on the mic as the color commentator during mma events. I guess the UFC has no use for him there anymore. You'd think Bellator might be interested.

Either way, he should stop getting concussions from fighting. He's likely smarter (or was) than most pro mma fighters and using his brain to make a living is going to be necessary for him in the future.

Only for money, also Mir is a very stubborn guy, he never admits defeat and always think he is getting better. If you listen to his interview you will see how stubborn he is

I am certain he believes he is improving and would give Fury and Usyk a hard fight and could possibly school them LOL

After he was getting beat down by Carwin and Brock in interviews he was stubborn as ever and was saying how much better he is now and can't be beat with his mindset.

He just fought a HW pro boxer who went 9 rounds against Anthony Joshua one year ago.
And he fought him with small gloves. Darwin award if you ask me.

I ask because Mir was more of a grabble/submission guy

I could see someone like JDS or Mark Hunt pursuing boxing after MMA, but Mir was not exactly a top HW striker

If hes looking for money fights, couldnt he get some "legends" fights in MMA like Rixin or Bellator, maybe against Big Nog or Brock again, or maybe Rampage Jackson, Fedor, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson

Or does he make more money on these cash grab boxing events?

I always wondered how Vitor would have done if he went boxing

I hope he got paid handsomely for his last fight because if I was his family , I’d be very concerned about his well being.

Back