$1 million cash or a chance to win $1 billion on a coin flip?

Easily take the coinflip for a billion. A million wont make a huge change to your life especially with the current inflation and prices on property. A billion is generational wealth....
Yah no you're right. a million won't do shit. Shut the fuck up

I'll take the million. I know a lot of people are saying it's not that much these days, but that's still life changing money for me.

Can I choose to flip and then take a side bet to hedge

5 pages of Sherdog millionaires with their "A million dollars isn't a lot of money" nonsense.

Is it "never work a day in your life" money? Probably not, but its a decent house free and clear almost anywhere, a few hundred thousand in the bank/to invest and plenty of spending money (provided you don't go completely crazy). If you have a decent job and are a responsible person, it's a guaranteed ticket to a comfortable, upper-middle class life.

The psychological toll of gambling on the billion and ending up with nothing would be devastating, unless you already have significant wealth.

The million.
Then I flipped a coin to see if I would have won the billion. I did not win. Womp womp.

Billion either live a normal life or live a life of luxury 1mil ain't getting you too far

5 pages of Sherdog millionaires with their "A million dollars isn't a lot of money" nonsense.

Is it "never work a day in your life" money? Probably not, but its a decent house free and clear almost anywhere, a few hundred thousand in the bank/to invest and plenty of spending money (provided you don't go completely crazy). If you have a decent job and are a responsible person, it's a guaranteed ticket to a comfortable, upper-middle class life.

The psychological toll of gambling on the billion and ending up with nothing would be devastating, unless you already have significant wealth.
Your second point is especially right on. I know for certain I'd never be able to mentally get over losing that bet. It's a no brainer for me.

You only have 15 seconds to decide after reading this sentence.

Time's up. What did you choose and why?

EDIT: for people living in NYC or San Francisco, make it $2 million if you want. You guys are crazy mofos, lol.
Cash money 1 mil

1 million cash easy. That's enough to do the things I want and be somewhat comfortable for life. I'd never get over the rage if I lost the coin toss and I'm not a lucky person.
Most ppl who lost the coin toss would benoit

It's OK I'm sure everyone saying it's not a lot of money already has several million liquid, they'll be fine losing out on a free million dollars and not hate themselves for the greedy chance at becoming a 1%er.
<45>

I would probably legit go insane knowing I had a once in a lifetime chance to fix all my problems, but blew it being a degenerate gambler. For a million I could buy a nice house and car, and go into semi retirement. Doing whatever I feel like working part time hours. No way in hell I'd give that up for a coin toss. I'm too smart and I've been through too much.

My life is pretty good now without the million....so I'd feel worse about not taking even odds on the billion.

I would take the million and move to Thailand or some place where a million is like having many millions.

Offer the wizard $100k if I can make a single phone call.
I'd start with an offer of $350k for 50/50 chance at $350 million.

Assuming no deal, therefore no backers, I'd flip.

That's generational wealth.

Back