$1 million cash or a chance to win $1 billion on a coin flip?

The million. Would buy my property, and pay for my new house. Spend the rest of the time only doing what I want for work and hunting and fishing

Barely middle class if you don’t work sure and don’t own anything already sure, if you have an even decent job, add that into the income. What if you already own a house? Mortgage payoff right there. If not, you can get pretty decent house approved with a million in your bank. If you are in poverty after getting a free million, you don’t deserve any money.
So, you're saying that a million provides opportunity because you have instant capitol.

Well, no shit but it doesn't guarantee upper middle class. What it gets you, on its own, is on the lower end of middle class.

It gives you the opportunity to rise above lower middle class too, sure.

I think what you meant is that it would instantly bump you to upper middle class. Ok, sure. Then you decided to have a rant about San Francisco? uhmmm... ok. So, your point is that you refuse to see my point? And that's a win for you? LOL. -sighs- well, ...

Last edited:
Was gonna say I'd keep the mil but life is pretty good without it so I reckon I'd gamble for shits and giggles.

A billion would be fun setting up all sorts of trusts with weird stipulations for future generations of my family.

You gotta get a science and an art degree,
You gotta have 10 amateur boxing or kickboxing fights.
You gotta do a day of hands dirty charity work every month.
You gotta do at least a year of military service.
You must have taken 5meodmt at a prescribed dose.
You must not be addicted to anything.

So you're saying that a million provides opportunity because you have instant capitol.

Well, no shit but it doesn't guarantee upper middle class what it gets you is on the lower end of middle class.
Lower end of middle class? Yeah maybe in a major city. Again. You are also saying this fantasy money is being taxed, the op said a million, not a million with half being taxed. Last I checked about 4 mill gets you into the 1%. Middle class median in the US is 93k a year income. Low end of middle class nationally is 60k a year base. Under that, you are working class. Upper middle class is 160-300k a year give or take. Now, if you quit your job after inheriting 1 million you are not too bright. So take what you already do earn, subtract a massive part of your debt. You should have no problem retaining an upper middle class life unless you blow money. That’s 40k a year on top of whatever you already earn.

Lower end of middle class? Yeah maybe in a major city. Again. You are also saying this fantasy money is being taxed, the op said a million, not a million with half being taxed. Last I checked about 4 mill gets you into the 1%. Middle class median in the US is 93k a year income. Low end of middle class nationally is 60k a year base. Under that, you are working class. Upper middle class is 160-300k a year give or take. Now, if you quit your job after inheriting 1 million you are not too bright. So take what you already do earn, subtract a massive part of your debt. You should have no problem retaining an upper middle class life unless you blow money. That’s 40k a year on top of whatever you already earn.
just read my edit to my last post. Thanks.

I'd take the coin flip for the chance at a billion. I can make a million under my own steam.... a billion not so easily.

So, you're saying that a million provides opportunity because you have instant capitol.

Well, no shit but it doesn't guarantee upper middle class. What it gets you, on its own, is on the lower end of middle class.

It gives you the opportunity to rise above lower middle class too, sure.

I think what you meant is that it would instantly bump you to upper middle class. Ok, sure. Then you decided to have a rant about San Francisco? uhmmm... ok. So, your point is that you refuse to see my point? And that's a win for you? LOL. -sighs- well, ...
I mention San Francisco because the cost of living is much higher, a million doesn’t go anywhere near as far as other places. I don’t see your point because you made a very specific claim about most middle class being in severe debt, being divorced and having to pay alimony. I get it, you COULD end up in struggling. But only if you are a fool. So explain your point again that tells me a person with a million dollars would barely be middle class unless without quiting their job, getting divorced, already having mass debt, and not already owning a home or living in a very high cost of living area.

A million is life changing for me.

A billion is life changing for all my family. Ill take a coin flip at a billion.

The million. Am I supposed to stupid for not taking a chance at an amount of money I’ll never need?

The million would 100% allow me to pay off all my debts and have money left over. Wouldn't be quit my job immediately money but would absolutely fix a lot of things for me.

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

1 mill eliminates all debt with PLENTY to spare even after taxes

cash. i have the worst luck int he world and would be stupid as all shit to risk anything on chance ever in my life time when there is a sure thing present.

You only have 15 seconds to decide after reading this sentence.

Time's up. What did you choose and why?

EDIT: for people living in NYC or San Francisco, make it $2 million if you want. You guys are crazy mofos, lol.

1 mill cuz if I lose the coin flip I'm suiciding.

I choose the cash without hesitation
A bird in the hand everytime...
A bird in the hand beats two in the bush. But relatively speaking, this is a bird in the hand versus a thousand in the bush.

On topic: Coin flip, as I'm not poor.

$1 million for sure.

I would feel horrible losing the $1 billion and passing on the million. That would be really awful.

With $1 million I could do a lot and still be me. I would pay my house off and my wife could retire early.

Back