UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus PBP/Discussion

Maybe Wonderboy's TD Defense was never that elite. I mean which grapplers has he faced before Burns and Muhammad? Or it just his natural decline. Bit sad though, the man is a magician striker.
The cage is just too small for him

Maybe Wonderboy's TD Defense was never that elite. I mean which grapplers has he faced before Burns and Muhammad? Or it just his natural decline. Bit sad though, the man is a magician striker.
woodley only bothered to shoot like 1 takedown but it had big success, from there i thought burns could land takedowns since they're underrated and didn't pick wonderboy in that matchup.

woodley only bothered to shoot like 1 takedown but it had big success, from there i thought burns could land takedowns since they're underrated and didn't pick wonderboy in that matchup.
Maybe, but I though his movement on the feet was slower as well. Normally he's hard to takedown because his lateral movement is so good. That just wasn't there tonight.

i wish i had done single betting, my only loss tonight was Stoltzfus. If chris wins it would be a 12-1 score.

Maybe, but I though his movement on the feet was slower as well. Normally he's hard to takedown because his lateral movement is so good. That just wasn't there tonight.
hard to takedown vs who though? that's the point he hasn't fought much people with that gameplan. small cage certainly didn't help but I think his actual td defense when people grab him has always been overrated, and it showed whenever fighters with actual wrestling abilities tried it.

Woodley, Ellenberger and Hendricks are good wrestlers. Cote and Whittaker can wrestle a bit. His striking was crisp and his footwork on point, but Muhammad kept getting inside. Maybe small cage, maybe Thompson getting old, maybe Muhammad is just that good now.

My Round 1 Daukaus was not prepared for this amount of staring.

Biggest rouge moment in ufc history. Getting into a close quarters punching contest with Derrick Lewis. LOL

Hahahaha, idk how you people felt so confident about Daukaus. Like ffs, it's fucking Derrick Lewis and Daukaus ain't Gane!!! :D

Hahahaha, idk how you people felt so confident about Daukas. Like ffs, it's fucking Derrick Lewis and Daukaus ain't Gane!!! :D
Whats funny is this was the only fight i didnt do any research, i had reached the end of the week and was tired of watching fights and just kind of went on muscle memory. bad for me, learning lesson.

Chased a bit with Lewis by KO, glad he delivered. Man who got that cup is one gross mofo haha.

Back