What other fighters have done so much with so little like Derrick Lewis?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think there has been a fighter who comes close to Derrick Lewis when it comes to accomplishing so much with so little. The guys is as 1 dimensional as it gets. A wild brawler always waiting for 1 shot. No strategy, no game plan, generally bad fight iq. Overweight and below average cardio. The list of what's wrong with Lewis is like 10x the list of what's right with Derrick lewis. But here he is kicking ass again. Flat lining everyone but the absolute best.

So can you think of another fighter who sucks as bad is beast but gets mostly good results?

That’s underselling Lewis, he has a lot going for him but is simply lazy and underachieves, Ngannou has the same one dimensional strategy and got the belt doing it. In fact he could be in Ngannous seat right now if he had the same doctors and chemists, and liked fried chicken slightly less.

Lewis has more heart than just about anybody, he only loses to the top of the food chain and even has wins over a couple of them

That’s underselling Lewis, he has a lot going for him but is simply lazy and underachieves, Ngannou has the same one dimensional strategy and got the belt doing it. In fact he could be in Ngannous seat right now if he had the same doctors and chemists, and liked fried chicken slightly less.

His size while a disadvantage for cardio is a an advantage for wrestling. He literally just stands up v most wrestlers. He also maintains his scary KO ability right to the end of the fight with lots of his KO's coming in the third which you wouldn't expect from the cardio issues.

Not only does he have most KO's in UFC, he also has the most wins as underdog (I couldn't find anyone with more). This shows people constantly underestimate him.

You focus on his flaws but he has actually quite a few things going for him.
1) Power
2) Durability
3) Ability to get up from the ground
4) Killer Instinct
5) Size

With these types of attributes, plus being a HW he's always going to be a dangerous opponent even when he's 40.

You focus on his flaws but he has actually quite a few things going for him.
1) Power
2) Durability
3) Ability to get up from the ground
4) Killer Instinct
5) Size

With these types of attributes, plus being a HW he's always going to be a dangerous opponent even when he's 40.

Yeah people just think he has no cardio, but he KO's lots of people in later rounds. He looked huge today. I wasn't expecting the size difference to be as big as it was. Chris has lost weight as he trains properly and his becoming small for HW.

I don't think there has been a fighter who comes close to Derrick Lewis when it comes to accomplishing so much with so little. The guys is as 1 dimensional as it gets. A wild brawler always waiting for 1 shot. No strategy, no game plan, generally bad fight iq. Overweight and below average cardio. The list of what's wrong with Lewis is like 10x the list of what's right with Derrick lewis. But here he is kicking ass again. Flat lining everyone but the absolute best.

So can you think of another fighter who sucks as bad is beast but gets mostly good results?

It's the HW division man.. the UFC he division lol.

I think that what makes his character likeable, the fact that he's not always boasting or overselling his skills (he's very realistic regarding what he can or can't do) is also a cause of his good results in the octagon, and his down-to-earth and laid-back personality also helps him bouncing back after losses and shit like that.
Really cool fighter to have in the UFC, I think he's got a contract for life in the company

Jones

Back