• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Will Russians Have Work Visa's Cancelled?

I think even on Fight Island they might struggle to be able to pay Russian fighters depending on the extent of sanctions.

It is what is is though, as a fan of Russian MMA it's annoying but in perspective it's not important.
This is a little hyperbolic.

They have a million ways to pay them on Fight Island.

I made a thread about this long before the invasion hit, but it got canned faster than one can blink. Odd, if you ask me, feels like it's something that's worth talking about.

This is really going to fuck Fedor's retirement fight as well, as well as Bellator's Russian fighters like Nemkov.

This cannot be good for Russian athletes, which really isn't fair, but Nato doesn't wanna get involved for Ukraine at all, but wanna save face I guess, cuz everyone knows Russian citizens aren't at fault, but they are going to be the ones who pays the heavy, heavy price, athletes included.

Kinda fucked up, but obviously not as fucked up as what Russia is doing, but not their fault really that Putin went mad.

tenor.gif

I don’t think the flights or visas will be an issue at all.

I think even on Fight Island they might struggle to be able to pay Russian fighters depending on the extent of sanctions.

It is what is is though, as a fan of Russian MMA it's annoying but in perspective it's not important.
What sanctions?

There are no sanctions in Abu Dhabi.

That's exactly why UFC went to fight island in the first place...

What sanctions?

There are no sanctions in Abu Dhabi.

That's exactly why UFC went to fight island in the first place...

They're still an American company. If American companies aren't allowed to do business with Russians then it wouldn't matter where the fight was booked.

So what happens with Khamzat by the way? Does he get a pass for living and fighting out of Sweden? He's obviously Russian.

He's a Swedish citizen to I can't imagine he'd have an issue.

Technically yes but he is Russian born and raised 18 years there or something, so we will see.

I'm guess that probably helps him but...hope so.

Russian fighters might really get fucked over....

Might suck for Kevin Lee - he signed with Eagle Fc and might have won a fight but now he probably can't travel over there lol

Technically yes but he is Russian born and raised 18 years there or something, so we will see.

I'm guess that probably helps him but...hope so.

Russian fighters might really get fucked over....

It seems that it'll more likely be Russian fighters who need to be paid through Russian financial systems that will be fucked over. Khamzat might not be able to get his presents from Kadyrov though.

Might suck for Kevin Lee - he signed with Eagle Fc and might have won a fight but now he probably can't travel over there lol

Lee Vs Sanchez is in Miami. It might impact them being able to get the money over to finance the event though.

Back