International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia has been giving them a pass. There's many videos of Russians ignoring civilians shooting and throwing molotov cocktails at them. The Russians can bomb the city to dust if they wanted to as that is what they specialize in

If they do that, they lose whatever little allies they have left in this. I feel that no one would stand with them

{<huh}

Preferring a brutal authoritarian dictator who is currently threatening the end of the world over a liberal politician who you think is incompetent is utter insanity. I shouldn't have to tell you why that is.

Hitler was competent. That doesn't make him the better choice over another non-genocidal politician. The idea of Putin being a competent leader is ridiculous in itself given Russia's failing economy and this disastrous attempt to invade Ukraine.

The thread was made well before the invasion.

To be fair, it's not that important if Putin cares about his economy right now - there will be a lot of people around him that do, and they will make him deal with the repercussions.

Other than that, yes, he's a strong dictator.
His entire narrative to his base is that the west hates Russia and target them systematically because they're afraid of him. His supporters eat it up. "I know you're broke and hungry but if it weren't for me, they'd kill you!".

Wife was on the phone with her mom and dad in Lviv and the sirens started going off, all the citizens are going underground. This shit is infuriating. There is absolutely no reason for Putin to be in Lviv right now.
Probably because he wants to cut the supply route into Ukraine

The girl I know from Kiev has now entered Poland with her son as refugees. She's a fairly high level businesswoman. Wrongly, I always associate the term "refugee" with a poor person who has nothing. This girl has a lot, and she's now roughing it trying to find a safe haven. Mind boggling for me.
She will be fine likely even better then ever once situations are corrected for her many companies such as UBSoft has committed billions already to help employees out of Ukraine and including pay increases and housing expenses. EU planning on providing up to 100 billion euros to provide living and no doubt US will be involved with their own billions of dollars it turns out a very popular cross parties issue and California "if it was a Country would be the 6th largest economy in the world" plans on providing some kind a help relocating. Turns out tons of Ukrainians live in California.

EViMIyrUwAYh1YH

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/...igil/103-2169d208-c9b1-4399-8f6d-19ed885d9e76

Putin is probably the most intelligent, experienced and efficient statesman of the past 40 years bud.
You're judging him by Western democratic standards that rely on polls, opinion pieces and votes. Russians like him because he's immovably strong. He is. I don't like him and I do not wish to live under a man like that, but this idea that "Muhh economy" registers whatsoever on his radar is just not a compelling idea.

Lol. What on earth do you think it means to be efficient and competent? Russia's economy, sphere of influence, and world standing has all declined under him. If he were an efficient leader he would not be in this position. You seem to be talking entirely about image rather than results. You're obviously one of the people who have a boner for the guy.

Don't be stupid. Please. You're a smart guy. This whole "Ukraine is in the trenches holding out and murdering Russians by the thousands!" is total propaganda and straight up not happening.
There are minor skirmishes in the east and a lot of shelling abandoned towns outside of Kiev.

Minimal casualties on both sides.
Yeah the attacks being focused on low to non populated is something I was hearing. I don't believe its happening, I like the idea of it. You have any decent reads on what's happening please send them my way. Also

How the hell have you been brother?

His entire narrative to his base is that the west hates Russia and target them systematically because they're afraid of him. His supporters eat it up. "I know you're broke and hungry but if it weren't for me, they'd kill you!".

For sure, but the oligarchs who live all over the world whenever they want won't buy that.

They're part of the team pushing that narrative.

Putin is probably the most intelligent, experienced and efficient statesman of the past 40 years bud.
You're judging him by Western democratic standards that rely on polls, opinion pieces and votes. Russians like him because he's immovably strong. He is. I don't like him and I do not wish to live under a man like that, but this idea that "Muhh economy" registers whatsoever on his radar is just not a compelling idea.

I do think the people are starting to turn on him

Was. Maybe COVID, clone, or just age, dunno.

Now he had managed to actually unite Europe, and even force the Swiss to forget about that neutrality of their banks, for a change.

Yes because they have zero want or incentive to do so.
I haven't seen many tanks burning, if one at all. A bunch of destroyed old-tech vehicles mean very little. Russian arms, like the ones they used in Syria, as right on par with US tech and can be operated remotely. If they wanted to fuck Ukraine up, they would

WHat you should be asking yourself is: why don't they, and why does the media narrative say they want to?

Because they don't want to rule pile of ruins, and then they don't really have resources to occupy the country if desperate Ukrainians will actively resist among said ruins.

And anyway, I fear that sooner or later they will start the fucking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.