International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He absolutely did. And now the world is paying the price of weak American leadership.
200.webp

This has already been explained by Putin, and the threat Ukraine poses to Russia is literally the reason he invaded Ukraine. Did you guys not watch Putins 45 minute press conference explaining his thought process and reasoning behind this attack? It's basically all because of US and NATO aggression, and Ukraines future NATO membership which is extremely threatening to Ukraine.

Ukraine itself is not a threat to Russia in any meaningful way, it's the potential of a NATO backed Ukraine that has them so worried. The border of Ukraine and Russia is more than a thousand miles long. They aren't going to let the Americans have that kind of power and positioning in a potential future invasion.

You mean the insane speech where he claimed Ukraine was an illegitimate country and was a part of Russia while blaming Lenin for giving the region autonomy? Yes, he made his thought process clear.

Ukraine wanting to protect itself from Russian invasion is not a legitimate reason for Putin to invade Ukraine. This is circular reasoning. No country with nuclear weapons is under threat of invasion. Russia is the clear aggressor and Putin has justified Ukraine's fears with his action.

In the blue corner we have a ruthless dictator we've been conditioned to hate and fear for 20+ yrs. In the red corner we have a TV star turned president we are all told to root for. Who will exit the ring victorious?

Global Guardian

https://www.globalguardian.com/newsroom/ukraine-russia-update-28feb2022?

So far, Russia's "shock and awe" campaign has been met with severe setbacks. According to Ukrainian sources, Russia has lost over 5,000 troops, 29 warplanes, 29 helicopters, and almost 200 tanks and 800 other combat vehicles. Russia has failed to take any of Ukraine's major cities and has yet to command air superiority (destroy Ukrainian air defenses, drones, or air force), leaving its forces vulnerable. As a result, it appears Russia took its foot off the gas around Kyiv on 27 February as more reinforcements enter from Russia and Belarus.
Is this true?? I have a hard time believing Russia lost 5000 soldiers. During the United Nations General Assembly someone said it was only 30. Anyone know the death toll so far?

For the first time in a WHILE I am in a position of not knowing shit about the inner workings on a current war going on. I was either able to talk to a buddy or get some info via text message. Now nothing. Very new experience for me.

No and that's the point of the invasion. To keep it that way.
The problem with that, is 1. Ukraine, as a sovereign nation, is allowed to join NATO if they want, and 2. Putin invading Ukraine over the threat of NATO is self fulfilling prophecy. There are no guarantees until action occurs, and he decisively caused this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.