International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelensky wants a no-fly zone over Ukraine

Scoop: Zelensky pushes Biden on no-fly zone

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky is urging President Biden and NATO to impose a "no-fly zone" over "significant parts" of the country, telling Axios in a statement that Ukraine "can beat the aggressor" if the Western allies "do their part."

https://www.axios.com/ukraine-no-fl...sia-851f0309-902c-4215-b993-70cb042bf948.html

---
He's nuts to think this will happen, because it would put NATO in direct conflict with Russia. Russia isn't Iraq for the US to impose a no-fly zone.

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky is urging President Biden and NATO to impose a "no-fly zone" over "significant parts" of the country, telling Axios in a statement that Ukraine "can beat the aggressor" if the Western allies "do their part."

https://www.axios.com/ukraine-no-fl...sia-851f0309-902c-4215-b993-70cb042bf948.html
---
He's nuts to think this will happen, because it would put NATO in direct conflict with Russia. Russia isn't Iraq for the US to impose a no-fly zone.
I've said some really nice things about Zelensky and I think he's been a good leader but he may really fuck this up if he keeps popping off like this.

People don’t realize, but Putin is extremely well prepared for this to last for years, if need be. He has been preparing for this for a decade or more, almost single-mindedly. Westerners don’t get it. He sees it almost like fulfillment of prophesy. It isn’t a war of simple pragmatism. He is a true believer and will incur almost any cost to win, which is what makes this so terrifying.

He has essentially turned Russia into an ark. They are sitting on a huge pile of foreign currency and gold. He has sanction-proofed Russia (almost). Russia is food and fuel secure. He has a powerful security state able to crush dissent. Their is no dissenting media. That help he has been giving to Syria, Belarus, and Kazahkstan? It was largely to cultivate indebted “allies.”
He has no qualms with killing huge numbers of civilians, and has no problem with his citizenry suffering.

This will get very, very ugly. If we want Ukraine to win, the West will need to sacrifice. I don’t know if we are prepared for that. Ultimately, we will have to sanction all Russian oil and gas exports (Putin’s only source of fresh foreign currency). This would almost certainly cripple Russia’s ability to wage a prolonged war. But it would crush the economy. Putin’s real “gamble” is assuming that the West will not endure that cost. If we did, we would likely see the end of Vlad Putin. The Russian people would suffer greatly.

As far as what we are seeing militarily; Putin is engaging in incremental war. He’s throwing his junk and schlubs initially to absorb munitions. He wants to achieve his objective with as little damage as possible. He will continue to escalate as necessary. It hurts me to think of what will come for Ukraine, the home of many of my friends. I foresee destruction of utilities and communications in the future and deliberate targeting of civilians.

Make no mistake, Putin is a historical evil on par with a Napoleon, a Hitler. In my opinion, he must be destroyed one way or the other. And I think he will be, if I had to predict. I believe we will see the end of Lukashenko in Belarus as well.

He supposedly has around 650 billion $ of reserves.

This makes it like 4.5k per Russian...

Let's make it conspiracy, and say he actually has two times more. Still not much.

Poland, out of everyone, has slightly lower reserves per capital, and it's not going to endure it's entire economy getting crippled.

It's impossible for him to stock up on everything to outlast entire world that mostly has way healthier economies.

Russia is still very much net importer of food.

Don't really think it looks good for them.

Russia has been giving them a pass. There's many videos of Russians ignoring civilians shooting and throwing molotov cocktails at them. The Russians can bomb the city to dust if they wanted to as that is what they specialize in

That's the scary part. Russia is trying to fight like it's the US Army but it doesn't have the technology or the professional army to do it. Eventually they will resort to what they do best.

You’re watching too much American war movies, you cannot nuke a country that you want to take over like this. It would actually get worst by doing so
No one is nuking anyone. No winners in a nuclear war.
You are right. Russia just does a show of strength and the Ukraine folds without firing a shot. Just drive their cheap tanks around the border (and running into each other in the process). That should be enough to scare the Ukrainians and the West. 150,000 Russian troops on the ground, slowly bleeding to death. Putin and the Russians will die on this hill. Putin has made a major blunder. Too late to go back now.

That's the scary part. Russia is trying to fight like it's the US Army but it doesn't have the technology or the professional army to do it. Eventually they will resort to what they do best.
You have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about dude.

I haven’t seen any republicans in my circle cheering for Russia. It’s the exact opposite. The majority of my friends and family are Pro 2A conservatives who voted for trump but are firmly against putins invasion
TBH I thought about it after posting that and I'm probably just getting a bad impression for some of the more vocal Putin supporters who are also Pro-Tump in these threads. Statistically it's just a handful of people so I shouldn't be drawing conclusions like that.

---

He's not nuts. He's desperate. I don't exactly blame him

<Prem974>

I'm fucked aren't I?

Not necessarily mate.
Honesty goes a long way.
Are you north African? Or vaguely? She seems to love them.
Do you at least have a vague hairline, no matter how balding?

If you answer yes to one of those questions I can potentially sort you out.

alright one of my dumb memes i posted got deleted because it belongs in the meme thread. thats it. i will not stand for this blatant moderator tyranny and corruption. i am going to deal with this and get over it the only way that i know how. i'm heading straight to the liquor store and drowning my sorrows away.

I got a bottle of tequila sitting waiting for an excuse to drink it. Ia tonight the night Sherbro? We can get drunk and PM each other embarrassing tales of days gone by.

So as to not derail the thread, anyone here planning on buying Russian rubles in the hopes that in a few months they make some bank by selling them back?

Status
Not open for further replies.