Colby Covington should fight the winner of Khamzat Chimaev/Gilbert Burns instead of Dustin Poirier

They walk around at similar weight. Not a big size difference if at all. Poirier has been talking about having tough time making weight and moving up a weight class, but when it comes to Colby, I guess back to LW it is I suppose.

Khamzat/Burns winner vs Colby should be made next though. I'm not sure Colby wants THAT smoke though.

I think Khamzat beats Colby.

For real. He’s one of the best fighters in the division. He shouldn’t be fighting LWs.

Jorge is a fat LW and so is Gilbert Burns lmaooooo

some of you are so clueless about the state of current WW. Dustin in 2022 is probably bigger than Burns or Jorge. He can barely make LW these days.

Poirier said he doesn't even want to fight Colby so if Colby wants a money fight he'd have to go after Nate Diaz or mcgregor and I don't think Colby is willing to stoop so low

If Khamzat wins he deserves a title shot later this year no need for another fight. Now if burns wins I’m down for Colby vs burns winner get next title shot.

I can get down on that.

If khamzat actually beats Usman, I think Colby gets the first crack at him though.

Colby can fight Dustin in the mean time.

I would love it because I’m pretty positive Khamzat beats burns and I think he would smash Colby and finish him. I think Colby would run from that fight though and have no interest in it simply because he knows it would be really tough and khamzat is a better wrestler. Khamzat is also more power in his punches.

Colby will avoid Khamzat unless he becomes champion. Even his biggest booster, Chael doesn’t want Colby to fight him and for good reason. Khamzat is basically a MW who not only can out wrestle Colby but KO him easily too.

It’s telling that Colby wants to fight another LW in Dustin instead of somebody in his own division.

Realistically Colby's only path to yet another WW titleshot would be to have an absolutely undeniable claim and so he would definitely need to fight these guys sooner or later.

I'd be looking for the Poirer payday the same way he just did with Masdival though.

He should set himself up as a stepping stone for Chimaev just so he can set himself up for a trilogy fight with Usman, which no one really wants, probably not even himself?

Nah. Every fighter is their own man, they have a right to seek out whatever fight makes the most sense for them financially as well as competitively

Poirier is a fight with a better reward/risk ratio

For real. He’s one of the best fighters in the division. He shouldn’t be fighting LWs.
He needs a win over a current Top 5 ranked WW before I’ll call him one of the best in the division.

However I do agree with you that he should fight the winner of Burns vs Khamzat.

Dustin is huge for 155 and Colby is an average to smaller sized guy at 170. The weight difference during the fight would be probably 5 pounds?

You can Google it.

Not to mention there is beef and that is why he made callout, nothing to do with weight.

If you look at Usman he probably had a bigger weight advantage vs Colby than Colby would vs Dustin.

I can get down on that.

If khamzat actually beats Usman, I think Colby gets the first crack at him though.

Colby can fight Dustin in the mean time.
For sure that’s why I wouldn’t wanna see Colby vs khamzat take each other out before a possible title fight

Makes some sense but won’t happen. If Colby wins you’ve killed off a top contender and are kinda forced to make a third Usman fight.

Usman vs Leon
Colby vs Khamzat/Burns
*Luque vs Belal winner on stand by or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back