News Nate Diaz requests release from UFC

I wouldve too, its better option being a boxer if you're willing to make money.

I like the Diaz brothers, but don't they have to offer fights periodically or be in breach of contract?

Yes but that doesn't mean they offer fights the fighter wants. They could offer him Nate vs. Neil Magny and it would be abiding by the contract.

I like the Diaz brothers, but don't they have to offer fights periodically or be in breach of contract?

Yes the UFC does have to offer fights at some point. My guess is the UFC has been doing that and Nate has been saying no. Now that he's ready he's being impatient and they are still looking for a fight for him.

Literally zero incentive for UFC to do that. Probably just trying to push them to offer him a fight he wants.

Two fights a year but no, not a breach of contract. They will just have to pay the fighters their fight purse for each time an offer wasn't made.

giphy.gif

Unfortunately for Nate UFC owns his ass!

Nate is becoming irrelevant. He has lost 6 of his last 10 and fights so infrequently, casuals do not know who he is. Only mean mugs and tweets these days. Pissed away his prime years.
upload_2022-3-26_14-19-54.png

Back