News Masvidal attacked Colby Monday night outside a Miami steakhouse MEGA THREAD

What you think?

• Total voters
Colby has embarrassed himself by pressing charges

All that s**t talk and attitude and big chains and swaggering about all over the place, then to press charges, personally, think its embarrassing, each to their own and we all have our opinions and that's mine

I see you're from England so probably don't know how the court system here works but victims don't really press charges, no matter what you see on TV and other media. Prosecuters are the ones who decide if a case merits charges. But hey, let's say Covington is an embarrassment not the guy who felt he needed to dress up in a mask and hoodie and bring along backup to sucker punch someone.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.c...l-offense/pressing-charges-a-criminal-act.htm

The Victim's Role in Prosecution
In determining whether to pursue a case, the prosecutor will consider the victim's statements and expected level of cooperation. A victim cannot force or require the prosecutor to pursue a case, but the prosecutor is more likely to pursue criminal charges if the victim is cooperative.

you seem to forget the part where he had 25 mins to hit em and ended up needing the ref to pull Colby off of him, and two security guards to hold him up so he didn't faint
Again talk shit get hit. Try it.

I see you're from England so probably don't know how the court system here works but victims don't really press charges, no matter what you see on TV and other media. Prosecuters are the ones who decide if a case merits charges. But hey, let's say Covington is an embarrassment not the guy who felt he needed to dress up in a mask and hoodie and bring along backup to sucker punch someone.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.c...l-offense/pressing-charges-a-criminal-act.htm

The Victim's Role in Prosecution
In determining whether to pursue a case, the prosecutor will consider the victim's statements and expected level of cooperation. A victim cannot force or require the prosecutor to pursue a case, but the prosecutor is more likely to pursue criminal charges if the victim is cooperative.
If there is no victim, it’s hard to have a case. You’re just reaching with this one. Colby has to stand up in court for the charges to even stick or he can plea the fifth which is his right but we all know he won’t. He’s a rat.

lol except for the part where Colby talked shit and then did all the hitting. Jorge got wrecked, has no means to defend his honor outside of cheap sucker punches..
Yes I agree with everything you said. No honor involvement though. It’s just talk shit, get hit.

Masvidal is the happier of the two, he's at peace, regardless of the consequences. Covington is a fish out of water, this wasnt in the script.

Back when they were still friends, I read a short Masvidal interview article on MMAjunkie. He made excuses for Colby back then. Everybody's doing it so how can you blame poor Colby wanting to put money in his pocket? He hated all the trash talking in MMA. Then once he dished out his 3 piece on Leon (which he would never back up with a real fight) he became the same. It doesn't matter who starts it. Look at how he STILL bickers with Askren on fucking twitter? I mean grow the fuck up.

Pre Leon and the 3-piece he talked a lot of sense. Afterwards, not so much. This was directly prior to that and before the Till fight.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ven-friend-colby-covington-sort-of-ufc-london

You are entitled to your opinion and now I think I understand it. For my part, it absolutely does matter who starts.

Incidentally, Askren is the one who sparked that latest exchange. So once again, Masvidal is not into random twitter hit jobs for clicks but will not stay silent when someone goes after him. He has been very consistent in that regard.

Webster Dictionary
rat

verb
ratted; ratting
Definition of rat (Entry 2 of 2)

intransitive verb

1: to betray, desert, or inform on one's associates —usually used with on

2: to inform on : TURN IN —usually used with out

Inform on: To disclose confidential or incriminating evidence about someone to an authority

Colby did not betray Jorge. <Lmaoo> Colby did not disclose confidential evidence on Jorge. Jorge informed on himself. There was nothing confidential about what happened that night.
Imagine taking time out of your day to find or create a Rat Colby image for your profile, and not even understanding what a rat is. Yikes.

Inform on: To disclose confidential or incriminating evidence about someone to an authority

Colby did not inform on Jorge. Jorge informed on himself. There was nothing confidential about what happened that night.
Imagine taking time out of your day to find or create a Rat Colby image for your profile, and not even understanding what a rat is. Yikes.
You’re in denial. Colby pressed charges. He’s a rat.

Yes I agree with everything you said. No honor involvement though. It’s just talk shit, get hit.
yeah , one hundred, Colby gave him an opportunity to exact punishment for his words, Jorge couldn't do it ..

Btw Colby doesn't need to press charges, it's on video, multiple witnesses, Jorge confessed and the crime was not only committed upon Colby but also the state of Florida which is why the case will be named state of Florida vs Jorge masivadal... Colby however will be seeking monatary judgments which he should.

yeah , one hundred, Colby gave him an opportunity to exact punishment for his words, Jorge couldn't do it ..

Btw Colby doesn't need to press charges, it's on video, multiple witnesses, Jorge confessed and the crime was not only committed upon Colby but also the state of Florida which is why the case will be named state of Florida vs Jorge masivadal... Colby however will be seeking monatary judgments which he should.
https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...police-90000-rolex-damaged-in-alleged-assault

Colby = RAT.
Stop creating fake news for him bc you’re a fan. If you’re a fan just be a fan. Stop lying for him when he doesn’t even know you exist.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...police-90000-rolex-damaged-in-alleged-assault

Colby = RAT.
Stop creating fake news for him bc you’re a fan. If you’re a fan just be a fan. Stop lying for him when he doesn’t even know you exist.
Maybe you missed the part where I said "Colby Doesn't need to press charges, the state of Florida will BUT Colby will be seeking monatary judgments, as he should"

Dude I've been a Masivadal fan since he fought at LW, I always root for him, however what he did was terrible and I hope he gets the punishment he deserves

Not according to the definition you posted. How might time did you waste creating that rat image? Spending time on a bad joke that doesn't even make sense.
you-mad-obama.gif

Maybe you missed the part where I said "Colby Doesn't need to press charges, the state of Florida will BUT Colby will be seeking monatary judgments, as he should"

Dude I've been a Masivadal fan since he fought at LW, I always root for him, however what he did was terrible and I hope he gets the punishment he deserves
I don’t care if you’re a fan of Mas. I’m not a fan of Mas.
If there is no victim (colby “the victim of chaos” covington) it’s extremely difficult to prosecute. Which why domestic violence cases never get prosecuted if the victim themselves aren’t willing to go to court.

in this case Colby went to the police and pressed charges which makes him a rat.

wasn't Mas praised for sucker-punching Leon? {<hhh]

it's weird that the MMA world turned on him now and brand him a coward when he did a similar thing a few years ago and was praised for it. I wonder if he was emboldened by that experience and thought the MMA world would get behind him on this (thinking it would add to his BMF image) <JerryWWF>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaw44
Back