News Rizin 35 on April 17 with 3 Title Bouts (W Atom, FW, LW); Foreigners included

What is going on with Rizin FW division? Saito getting a title shot off two losses, while their clear best FW Koike was relegated to the b-tier series? Lol and what about their biggest star Mikuru?

Rizin is so weird

What is going on with Rizin FW division? Saito getting a title shot off two losses, while their clear best FW Koike was relegated to the b-tier series? Lol and what about their biggest star Mikuru?

Rizin is so weird
I want to love rizin so much more but shit like this is truly odd. I still think Ushiku won by fluke though but you know what Vitor won the belt the same way off of Couture so I guess there was already a higher profile precedent.

Even more maddening is that the damn title fights and non title fights and the tournament finals are ONLY 15 MINUTES? You're telling me that ayaka hamasaki vs seo hee ham 3, ayaka vs kanna asakura 2, saito vs keramov, and tofiq vs patricky couldn't have been 25 minutes? To be fair pride toruneys were 15 min as well. But come on, these are CHAMPIONSHIP BOUTS, the most prestigious in the promotion.

Also speaking of fw, I really wish they would start a grand prix for it already. Same for a men's flyweight and a women's strawweight and/or flyweight. Rizin needs more champs and stars and I'm surre fighters like naoki could still make weight.

I want to love rizin so much more but shit like this is truly odd. I still think Ushiku won by fluke though but you know what Vitor won the belt the same way off of Couture so I guess there was already a higher profile precedent.

Even more maddening is that the damn title fights and non title fights and the tournament finals are ONLY 15 MINUTES? You're telling me that ayaka hamasaki vs seo hee ham 3, ayaka vs kanna asakura 2, saito vs keramov, and tofiq vs patricky couldn't have been 25 minutes? To be fair pride toruneys were 15 min as well. But come on, these are CHAMPIONSHIP BOUTS, the most prestigious in the promotion.

Also speaking of fw, I really wish they would start a grand prix for it already. Same for a men's flyweight and a women's strawweight and/or flyweight. Rizin needs more champs and stars and I'm surre fighters like naoki could still make weight.
The lack of a Flyweight champ is head scratching. I get they usually only make a championship when there is a Japanese national to push, but Flyweight in Japan is stacked

Definitely not buying any Rizin PPVs until/unless the Tenshin-Takeru fight gets an international broadcast.

Rizin with no heavyweight grand Prix is not interesting anymore. That would be to eat s hamburger with no sallad ,dressing or ketchup

Rizin with no heavyweight grand Prix is not interesting anymore. That would be to eat s hamburger with no sallad ,dressing or ketchup

{<huh}

rizin has like 6 heavyweights... and half of them are senior citizens. the other half are fat and with near-zero mma experience.

Got a response from Rizinstaff on Reddit. There will be an international PPV broadcast for Tenshin/Takeru.

Was it me or did Saito win that fight? It was somewhat late in the morning so that may have affected my mind. Ushiku had a good moment in the 2nd round with the head kick, but he went for an ill advised guillotine and got laid on with some ground and pound by saito for most of the round. Then he definitely got outlanded in the 3rd with powershots by Saito and flying knees (ironic). The first also was close, but Saito landed more leg kicks and more in the clinch despite his ill advised attempt for a takedown at the end of that round. I understand that Rizin judges the fight overall an they may have weighed the head kick, but overall Saito landed much much more strikes and more power shots. Ushiku got gifted that decision somehow despite it being unanimous.

Also, fuck 3 round title fights. Absolute horse shit. Another 2 title fights have gone only 3 rounds. Ridiculous.

Seika Izawa is the real deal, crazy to think she has only fought for two years, but I think she is the best Atomweight in the world, Angela Lee be damned.

Seika Izawa is the real deal, crazy to think she has only fought for two years, but I think she is the best Atomweight in the world, Angela Lee be damned.
It's a shame that she'll probably have to bulk up to reach 115 since I believe she wants to go to the UFC. And you know what, besides Kanna Asakura and maybe Mei Yamaguchi, she will have pretty much beaten most of the best atomweights in japan. I actually wouldn't mind an atomweight division in the UFC despite the obvious backlash.

Any thoughts on roberto souza and the fight between ushiku and saito?

It's a shame that she'll probably have to bulk up to reach 115 since I believe she wants to go to the UFC. And you know what, besides Kanna Asakura and maybe Mei Yamaguchi, she will have pretty much beaten most of the best atomweights in japan. I actually wouldn't mind an atomweight division in the UFC despite the obvious backlash.

Any thoughts on roberto souza and the fight between ushiku and saito?
Souza is one of the best BJJ guys in MMA, has a great slow single but also great scrambler who is always able to get the back even against good wrestlers. I think Saito won personally, but neither should be champ, they should stop shafting Kleber and give him the title shot

Souza is one of the best BJJ guys in MMA, has a great slow single but also great scrambler who is always able to get the back even against good wrestlers. I think Saito won personally, but neither should be champ, they should stop shafting Kleber and give him the title shot
He must've done something to piss Sakakibara off if he's fighting Hagiwara, perhaps their second worst featherweight on their roster (ren hiramoto is probably a bantamweight). I guess he's following the path of the money and since Hagiwara is popular it's an easy boost of notoriety for Koike.

As for Saito, I remember watching his first fight with Mikuru and thinking that he lost but turns out he got the decision. So I agree with him not being the true champ, same for Ushiku essentially getting gifted the 2nd win and a belt off of a cut which is pretty bad.

Uh...is this on YouTube but just with Japanese characters because I can't find it. Or do they still take a while to upload these?

Rizin is a bit frustrating to follow...

Uh...is this on YouTube but just with Japanese characters because I can't find it. Or do they still take a while to upload these?

Rizin is a bit frustrating to follow...
No, the fights are not on YouTube yet. Give it a few days for the fights to be uploaded. The event was on Sunday morning 12 AM, so yeah, it's annoying to follow.

Looks like Rin Nakai was too much to handle for Seika Izawa although this was just dojo spar.

This video was uploaded by Rin as a visual evidence to disprove the claim of Izawa's coach, Kazunori Yokota (former Grabaka) who previously stated his student got the better of Rin Nakai in the ground game.

Back