Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Twin Gargoyles at RL1 can suuuuuck my ass.

I finally got them with my last Rune Arc and after completely running out of estus. Clutched it after a terrible attempt with a fraction of health left. Was quite the scene.

I’m not real sure what I want to attempt next. Was thinking maybe giving Mohg a shot but not quite sure how to approach. I have my bleed dagger and he’s super weak to it but bleed has diminishing returns. Fire Giant just sounds like the worst thing. And that’s pretty much the only direction I can go.

Decisions, decisions.

Twin Gargoyles at RL1 can suuuuuck my ass.

I finally got them with my last Rune Arc and after completely running out of estus. Clutched it after a terrible attempt with a fraction of health left. Was quite the scene.

I’m not real sure what I want to attempt next. Was thinking maybe giving Mohg a shot but not quite sure how to approach. I have my bleed dagger and he’s super weak to it but bleed has diminishing returns. Fire Giant just sounds like the worst thing. And that’s pretty much the only direction I can go.

Decisions, decisions.
Would it have been legit if you lured them to the edge of the waterfall and had them fall off? Or did you feel that you need to beat them with a weapon for your run to be legit?

For Mogh, maybe use his shackle to help you? Puttin some bloodflame on your weapon might also be a good idea to speed up bleed proc.

Would it have been legit if you lured them to the edge of the waterfall and had them fall off? Or did you feel that you need to beat them with a weapon for your run to be legit?

For Mogh, maybe use his shackle to help you? Puttin some bloodflame on your weapon might also be a good idea to speed up bleed proc.
I’m beating them without cheese, that’s really the only thing I won’t use. Fine using whatever buffs I can.

I haven’t thought of the shackle. Issue is even getting hit with his fire splash kills me so I’m not sure how much that would help. If he sneezes on me I’m dead. My dagger does some great bleed and it’s quick so I can get in and out.

I’m beating them without cheese, that’s really the only thing I won’t use. Fine using whatever buffs I can.

I haven’t thought of the shackle. Issue is even getting hit with his fire splash kills me so I’m not sure how much that would help. If he sneezes on me I’m dead. My dagger does some great bleed and it’s quick so I can get in and out.
Fair enough, makes sense.

Id say with Mohg, it would have to be hit and run. Hit him once and the run away and wait for an opportunity. Or you can watch and Ongbal video of him bopping him with a club RL1 to get some ideas.

Fair enough, makes sense.

Id say with Mohg, it would have to be hit and run. Hit him once and the run away and wait for an opportunity. Or you can watch and Ongbal video of him bopping him with a club RL1 to get some ideas.
Tried him for a little over 30 minutes. It’s doable, I can get him to his second phase fairly consistent. Still hits me with his weird swing timing or a follow up I don’t see often.

Just beat Rykard and Mohg. Radahn before those.. I'm kinda stuck in forbidden lands as there's Commander Niall and Borealis The Freezing Fog that both kick my ass. Maybe I'll have to grind some more or does anyone have fun recommendations? I could finish Ranni's questline too...

Just beat Rykard and Mohg. Radahn before those.. I'm kinda stuck in forbidden lands as there's Commander Niall and Borealis The Freezing Fog that both kick my ass. Maybe I'll have to grind some more or does anyone have fun recommendations? I could finish Ranni's questline too...
Ranni's and Fia's questlines are worth it. You could also go underground in the Capital and beat another boss

Ranni's and Fia's questlines are worth it. You could also go underground in the Capital and beat another boss

Maybe I'll do those next.. is there another boss underground besides Mohg??

Maybe I'll do those next.. is there another boss underground besides Mohg??

In Mogh’s area there’s only him, but there are a total of four separate underground areas with several bosses to fight, with the main three being Mogh, Lich Dragon Fortissax and Astel of the Void.

I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go next after the capital. I'm not strong enough for the sewers yet- rats take 1/8 of my health- that room with the three ogre guys is impossible unless I drain all my magic and kill them ranged. The forbidden lands seem okay until I get to the mount of the giants or whatever... I seem to be blocked from going to the lands where the volcano lair is... Any suggestions on what I can do now (no spoilers).

I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go next after the capital. I'm not strong enough for the sewers yet- rats take 1/8 of my health- that room with the three ogre guys is impossible unless I drain all my magic and kill them ranged. The forbidden lands seem okay until I get to the mount of the giants or whatever... I seem to be blocked from going to the lands where the volcano lair is... Any suggestions on what I can do now (no spoilers).

What do you mean you’re blocked from Mt Gelmir (the volcano area)?

Almost done with NG+ and it's been ridiculously easy. Too easy really

What do you mean you’re blocked from Mt Gelmir (the volcano area)?
Seems every road ends in a dead end? One ends at a broken bridge. The others either appear to dead end in a canyon or other impassable geography. Maybe I'm not searching well enough.

Oh and something awesome happened this past weekend. I got called into be a hunter and got into it 1v1 with the invader. I was clearly stronger and was working for the finish when a second invader warped in and started to beat up on the guy I was fighting. I killed that guy while he was distracted and then started to focus on the original guy again. Another invader came and the process repeated. Then the original guy and I were the only ones left, but he started acting non-aggressive. So I put my weapons away and he did likewise and we both sat down staring at eachother. Another guy came in and WE TEAMED UP to kill him. It was hilarious. This cycle went on for 20 minutes or so and we just danced around and explored together when not fighting side by side- wary side eyeing eachother the whole time. It was a hoot. He then tried to box me with no weapons, so I killed him. I probably should have boxed him back, but I had stuff to do. Was so great.

Tried him for a little over 30 minutes. It’s doable, I can get him to his second phase fairly consistent. Still hits me with his weird swing timing or a follow up I don’t see often.
Are you using the serpent slayer and all the buffs dist does? I guess it gives 52 strength to a rl1 character lol

Are you using the serpent slayer and all the buffs dist does? I guess it gives 52 strength to a rl1 character lol
Its focus is around charged R2 attacks. Pop a Rune Arc with Godrick’s rune, use the physick that boosts strength plus the one that boosts charged attacks. Couple that with the Axe and Starscourge Talisman, then cast Golden Vow and Grant me Strength and those swings are real juicy.

I used that for the gargoyles finally and it worked well, still a cancer fight if they’re constantly poisoning. I pry will for Fire Giant as well. The difficult part is setting up your positioning for swings. You may hit like a truck but your timing needs to be on point for it to work.

For Mohg I’m going with a bleed build that’s working well. I’m using a +9 Reduvia with Lord of Blood’s Exultation. Even with his diminishing bleed returns it procs incredibly easy. I can get him to Duo with a single combo if I get some good counter opportunities.

Seems every road ends in a dead end? One ends at a broken bridge. The others either appear to dead end in a canyon or other impassable geography. Maybe I'm not searching well enough.

You aren’t searching well enough. Backtrack from the broken bridge you found and keep a close eye on the mountain wall. It’s easy to miss but eventually you’ll find an extremely tall ladder going up. Take that and you’ll be able to continue your progress up to the next level of the mountain.

During my first play through I couldn’t find where to go after the broke bridge either for like half an hour and eventually had to resort to watching a guide on YouTube.

You aren’t searching well enough. Backtrack from the broken bridge you found and keep a close eye on the mountain wall. It’s easy to miss but eventually you’ll find an extremely tall ladder going up. Take that and you’ll be able to continue your progress up to the next level of the mountain.

During my first play through I couldn’t find where to go after the broke bridge either for like half an hour and eventually had to resort to watching a guide on YouTube.
thank-you.gif

Back