Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For damage negation to work, do you have to be blocking or is it passive too? Ex. If I have a fire damage negation medallion or whatever and I have it equipped, is it actively protecting me or do I have to have an active shield/2 hand block going on? I almost never block preferring to dual wield..

Thanks!

For damage negation to work, do you have to be blocking or is it passive too? Ex. If I have a fire damage negation medallion or whatever and I have it equipped, is it actively protecting me or do I have to have an active shield/2 hand block going on? I almost never block preferring to dual wield..

Thanks!
The medallions are always active. You don't have to do anything.

Maliketh is destroying me. I can't even get a hit off when he enters second phase. Not sure what to do.

Are you using summons and what build are you?
Strength/dex level 132 I think. +10 moonveil, meteoric and +25 uchigatana.Been using the mimic tear.

I looked up some strategies but in those videos he just prances around. He aggros the hell out of me when he hits second phase.

Last edited:
Strength/dex level 132 I think. +10 moonveil, meteoric and +25 uchigatana.Been using the mimic tear.

I looked up some strategies but in those videos he just prances around. He aggros the hell out of me when he hits second phase.
Have you tried readying your blasphemous claw whether in pouch or quick-item bar before you trigger phase 2? I struggled with phase 2 also, FWIW; he's criminally aerial at this stage with little wind-up on ATKs.

@Valhoven can you add a poll for everybody’s favourite Elden Ring waifu?

Options should be Fia, Roderika, Ranni, Melina, Millicent, Nepheli Loux, Rya/Zorayas, Hyetta, Selenn and Enia. Not sure if I’m forgetting any possible waifus.
Love it, brother. Done. But I kept it honest: no result preview and no vote recast. The only rule is to follow your Tarnished hearts.

Mohg was triggering me a bit so I took a break and went after Fire Giant. Took me a few attempts, not nearly as many as I was anticipating. Having all those buffs really wrecks and I was only at a +8 weapon. I was also surprised at how many hits I was able to tank, made it much more doable though there are still plenty of one shot attacks.

You got greedy a few times, the buffs are OP. I saw atleast twice when you were on 1 health, nicely done.

I used a pure melee build and when he hits second phase i usually join my mimic so he can aggro the boss and I hit him in the back he is very aerial though so you have to quickly pounce he hits hard but has low hp. Do you at least have 40 vigor?

Have you tried readying your blasphemous claw whether in pouch or quick-item bar before you trigger phase 2? I struggled with phase 2 also, FWIW; he's criminally aerial at this stage with little wind-up on ATKs.

I used a pure melee build and when he hits second phase i usually join my mimic so he can aggro the boss and I hit him in the back he is very aerial though so you have to quickly pounce he hits hard but has low hp. Do you at least have 40 vigor?

Haven't used the claw and my vigor is pretty low as well. May have to respec. I tried a bunch last night and I got him to within a few hits but he's so aggro I can't deal with it. I'll get him it's just really frustrating.

Haven't used the claw and my vigor is pretty low as well. May have to respec. I tried a bunch last night and I got him to within a few hits but he's so aggro I can't deal with it. I'll get him it's just really frustrating.

If your vigor is low that definitely makes it tougher I personally need more to beat later bosses not a beast like Dizzy lol.

you guys thought melania was bullshit just wait until you get to her in NG+

im about to blow my fucking brains out. i made short work of her the first time around, but this is just ridiculous

you guys thought melania was bullshit just wait until you get to her in NG+

im about to blow my fucking brains out. i made short work of her the first time around, but this is just ridiculous
I beat her with mimic tear and my double colossal swords at Ng++++ she is tough but definitely beatable. But I think the stuns help a great deal

Back