• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Glover wanted out?

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If you are a champ and there is less than a minute left in the fight, and your opponent has you in a rear naked choke, wouldn’t you fight the hands or go out on your shield?

Congrats to Jiri!

He survived multiple shots that would have koed other fighters. It sucks for him that he got submitted as he would have won if he survived the round but he was exhausted and jiri got the choke under his chin right away. Nothing he could have done at that point

I think the man was just physically and mentally drained at that point,,23-24 mins into a fight against a viking. Cardio is the first thing to go with age too. Its a stark and ugly reminder of father time and his 0 losses. Being that tired and fighting a choke is like drowning on dry land. IMHO i dont think he wanted to tap or was looking for a way out..i think he just had to given how battered he was. Hats off to be 42 and able to go 23-24 mins with the best in the world!

Ankalaev wanted out? I mean if there is <1 second remaining wouldn't you want to go out on your shield?

No, that theory sounds dumb as shit.
Why would he want out when there was 30 seconds left on the clock?

Have you been caught in a tight submission when completely exhausted?. It's scary shit.

You're asking this to some random keyboard warriors who have never done anything physical in their lives let alone done any sort of combat sports training. That's what allows them to make shitty threads like this where they question the mental strength of professional fighters.

Why the fuck we have to hurt our own eyes with this.
Glover delivered an excellent copy yesterday, he did lose at the end, i did lose money cause of that but the guy can be fuckin proud.
Few have done what he did at this stage of his career.

If you are a champ and there is less than a minute left in the fight, and your opponent has you in a rear naked choke, wouldn’t you fight the hands or go out on your shield?

Congrats to Jiri!
Don’t be ridiculous

Back