Glover wanted out?

thats just dumb. Miscalculation for sure. hes gotta be beating himself over the head with this considering he probably would have won the scorecards. Reminds me of sonnen vs anderson silva 1

Glover is as legit as they come. He even said those body shots completely gassed him. He fought it up to the last 30 seconds.

The way Glover tapped, his trachea was probably being crushed.

I think the man was just physically and mentally drained at that point,,23-24 mins into a fight against a viking. Cardio is the first thing to go with age too. Its a stark and ugly reminder of father time and his 0 losses. Being that tired and fighting a choke is like drowning on dry land. IMHO i dont think he wanted to tap or was looking for a way out..i think he just had to given how battered he was. Hats off to be 42 and able to go 23-24 mins with the best in the world!

Cardio is definitely not the first thing to go with age. It's speed and quickness.

Gimme a break. He had nothing left. That guillotine was the last of his strength. He went for that because he couldn't keep brawling it out with jiri. I hate stupid threads like this.

You assume he even knew how much time was left or what his own name was at that moment

Why the fuck we have to hurt our own eyes with this.
Glover delivered an excellent copy yesterday, he did lose at the end, i did lose money cause of that but the guy can be fuckin proud.
Few have done what he did at this stage of his career.
He has nothing to be ashamed of. He gave everything he had.

He actually did try to hand fight, he was trying to peel Jiri's hand away but Jiri flattened out to stop him. There was nothing left in the tank at that moment

He survived multiple shots that would have koed other fighters. It sucks for him that he got submitted as he would have won if he survived the round but he was exhausted and jiri got the choke under his chin right away. Nothing he could have done at that point
I think if Glover had survived, Jiri would have won the fifth and the fight would have been a split draw. It was 2-2 on one scorecard, 3-1 Glover on another, 3-1 Glover on the third but with Jiri receiving a 10-8 round.

Let a 200+lbs mentally ill man wrench on your neck with his entire being while you’re also completely exhausted. I’m sure you won’t tap, TS.

He was exhausted and it lead to him making bad decisions

Why would he 'want out' with a minute left? :confused: Wasn't like he was outclassed in the 5th either - he landed a lot on Jiri.

You guys act like fighters wanting out a fight isn’t a real thing.

That is the default human response. What separates a professional from an amateur is knowledge and experience.

Glover is a world class jiu jitsu practitioner that has been in that position before. His tap seemed instinctive, like he was in training rather than going all the way in a championship fight.

That loss was more mental than Jiri’s submission skills.

Only he knows what he was thinking/feeling, but he was exhausted and in situations like that you do stuff that you "shouldn't" do or that, in hindsight, you sort of can't believe that you did. It happens.

giphy.gif

You guys act like fighters wanting out a fight isn’t a real thing.

That is the default human response. What separates a professional from an amateur is knowledge and experience.

Glover is a world class jiu jitsu practitioner that has been in that position before. His tap seemed instinctive, like he was in training rather than going all the way in a championship fight.

That loss was more mental than Jiri’s submission skills.
Mental? Do you think that he could survive half minute in a choke? o_O

A choke under the chin isn't something you can tough out.
You go out in under 10 seconds in a carotid artery choke it's the body's response he would of went out shortly after anyway and this way he doesn't do as much dmg to himself especially at his age not a good idea to go out.

He hit the wall and completely gassed. Why would he “choose” to quit when he was 40 seconds away from victory? His body ran outta gas on the highway.. That’s it..

Back